Bottle jack storage

ttfhell

Anybody find a bottle jack that fits in the stock scissor location. Doubtful but thought I'd ask. Scissor is maxed out and takes ten minutes to open lol. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1419792880.188316.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1419792917.395095.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Not in the scissor jack cubby but my 6-ton jack fits in the bigger one next to it. I put cut down pieces of 2x4 next to it as they can serve as a good base and give you more options on the trail :yup:

JeepDrum

I've wondered this also. I guess I could clear out the bigger cubby and put it in there. Also, where is a safe point to lift from underneath a JK with a bottle jack?

ttfhell

Not in the scissor jack cubby but my 6-ton jack fits in the bigger one next to it. I put cut down pieces of 2x4 next to it as they can serve as a good base and give you more options on the trail :yup:

Thanks. Normally carry some 4x4 blocks and a high lift base. Just trying to be a little more efficient and easy to get to.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I've wondered this also. I guess I could clear out the bigger cubby and put it in there. Also, where is a safe point to lift from underneath a JK with a bottle jack?

You can jack from the base of the diff or on the base of your rear shock/control arm mounts and up front, on the base of your control arm joints. These are all the lowest points on your Jeep and they work well.

dannymalkin

I fit my cheap 6 ton jack in my storage space, might have to see if it will fit where the stock jack was. I don't carry the stock jack anymore, pointless.

chipper

Glad this thread came up. I didn't even think about the stock jack not working for me anymore. Gonna pick up a 6 ton bottle jack now. Thanks for the info and pics

gleno99

Glad this thread came up. I didn't even think about the stock jack not working for me anymore. Gonna pick up a 6 ton bottle jack now. Thanks for the info and pics

I didn't think about it either. So after seeing this yesterday, I went last night and bought one. It was definitely helpful!

SaddleTramp

Haha, me too, I knew it would no longer work and carry a bottle jack but for got the stock one was in that cubby. Gonna have to look tonight to see what other goodies are in there and if my bottle will fit.

RDahms1

Didn't even think about the stock jack not working. Received a farm jack and mount for Christmas last year. Mounted and forgot all about the factory jack. Time to shed some pounds tonight when I get home. More storage for useful stuff!! Good question!!

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
Curious about this as well. Also, is it safe to store the bottle jack horizontally?

Worst that would happen is you would have to clean up hydraulic fluid. Even if this does happen, easy enough to clean up and replace seals/fluid.

Top Bottom