The purchasing has begun

Ah2014jk

Ok so it may be a little bit before the parts arrive but the first wave of this years build had the order placed. Here is a parts list so far :
Poison spyder brawler lite front
Poison spyder brawler lite rear
Clear 2.5" leds for rear bumper
Poison spyder rocker knockers
Truck lights
Trek armor red/black seat covers
Not earth shattering but I am
Just collecting the parts at this point. Most of the exterior mods should be done now. Stay tuned for the rest!

Ah2014jk

Order number two for parts went in today. Did a basic suspension lift with bigger future intentions
Rock krawler arms
2.5 springs
Trackbar and bracket
Bilstiens

Once all parts are in for the two orders and installed... Saving for coilovers all around and 3 link the rear!!

I think I have ordered enough parts for the week between the two and pics will come once the install begins! Come on brown Santa !

Ah2014jk

Ok so the lift was chanced a bit from the start as it wasn't exactly what I was after at this stage. Did pick up a new set of 40s ( let the hating begin ) I know I know I should have bought a D60 first but I can't have everything all at once. The new axles are on the list and I'm just going to have to baby the shit out of it this year until I can afford them.

I am looking for new rims for the new rubber.... Any suggestions other than slabs? Can't find much available in my area that are a 5on5 17" with 3.5 backspace other than the slabs. Any suggestions would be appreciated for something to check out

Since you are going with a PR60 I would recommend getting the beadlocks with the correct bolt pattern and using spacers. I believe the bolt pattern is 5 x 5.5. That way you are not buying twice.

R/
Will

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
PR60's front and rear are on my build list and I just assumed I'd be going with the standard 5 lug, what would the benefits be of going 8 lug over 5?

You can't get them in the standard 5 lug. 5x5.5 is the smallest you can get. When you get 60's normally you run a coilover suspension and big heavy tires. Thus the need for more lugs to keep everything together.

Ah2014jk

You can't get them in the standard 5 lug. 5x5.5 is the smallest you can get. When you get 60's normally you run a coilover suspension and big heavy tires. Thus the need for more lugs to keep everything together.

True on a PR but G2 will do 5 if you want I believe. ( not 100% though )

Ah2014jk

So I decided to take a bit of over landers advice and just grabbed a set of cheepo steelies. He's right not to spend much if I plan on a 60 as the bolt pattern would be different so just gonna paint em up a little and use those for a while.

Ah2014jk

So the parts are in and the coating of all that new bare steel is well underway! Decided to have the PS crusher flares done in body colour along with the rocker knocker inserts so they are at the body shop now. The front and rear bumpers I'm doing with matte black bead liner as well as the rocker knocker frames. My steel wheels are a flat black so I am going to paint them today as the new 40s are waiting to be mounted next week! ( everyone seems to have flat black rims so I want something different )
The choice is between graphite ( but I'm not sure if the subtle grey will look like a mismatch to the rest of the matte black ) or try a hyper silver? Anyone have any thoughts cause I really don't know.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1424525164.545669.jpg

Top Bottom