ATX slab inserts

OscarMike2.0

I recently bought a set of ATX slabs and had them powdercoated. To keep the threads from getting messed up I borrowed a set of cheap bolts from a friend who did the same thing. Once I got them back from powdercoating the red powdercoat left from when they did my buddies wheels acted like loktite and took the inserts with them when I tried to take the bolts out. I then ordered all new inserts from atx and was wondering what advice people have for putting them back into the wheel. Should I use loktite? How tight should I put them in the wheel? Do they have something already on them to keep them from coming back out? Etc Etc? Anyone with any experience with this could be of great help to me. Thanks!

image (2).jpg
image.jpg
unnamed.jpg

OscarMike2.0

Is there any specific amount of time I should wait after I put the inserts in the wheels to mount the tires and wheels. I was going to try to put the inserts in and then wait 2 hours and install the wheels.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Is there any specific amount of time I should wait after I put the inserts in the wheels to mount the tires and wheels. I was going to try to put the inserts in and then wait 2 hours and install the wheels.

I didn't wait at all. Put the inserts in and then put the ring on. It'll set up when they are mounted.

Top Bottom