Lank's 2dr Build

Lank

Welp, I figure it's start to start documenting. Back in November, I went ahead and finally bought my dream vehicle standard 2008 Black 2dr JKX; Used with 70k but never seen dirt in its lifetime (the horror :grayno:).

Been a bit.. How she currently sits:
NTG0.jpg

It's gonna be a moderately paced build, whatever a young professional can spare, but also a DD so I'll do what I can and post updates when stuff comes.
Feel free to stick around check it out, give suggestions and pointers, or ask questions; I welcome it :yup:

Installed:
- front tow hooks
- d-ring reciever and d-ring
- cobra 29 cb
- evo rock sliders
- RK 2.5" Stock Mod w/ Synergy Rear TBB
- 35'' Nitto Trail Grapplers

En Route:
- nothing (yet..)

Next (in time):
- oil pan and evap skids

Attachments

• 20141128_112144.jpg
    20141128_112144.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 337
  • 20141220_160336.jpg
    20141220_160336.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 335
Last edited:

Lank

Mounted my Cobra CB LTD on the dash following a write-up on here. Gotta say, I like the placement; not really in view in terms of seeing out the windshield and close enough to mess with dials easily. Now I need a reason to use it other than to listen to trucker talk.

The setup (plus a 4' firestik II and coax). Put it all on the stock tire carrier with a simple Rugged Ridge mount.
20141229_133657.jpg

Now just gotta get around to tuning the thing at some point
20141229_153228.jpg

Was gonna get a picture with all the guts of the interior showing but forgot once I got into the zone (plus it was grimy as hell in there).

Tomorrow, my evo sliders should be showing up :rock: raw steel so I'll be painting them, probably throw up a few pics. Then get them put on hopefully mid next week

JK LYF

Mounted my Cobra CB LTD on the dash following a write-up on here. Gotta say, I like the placement; not really in view in terms of seeing out the windshield and close enough to mess with dials easily. Now I need a reason to use it other than to listen to trucker talk.

The setup (plus a 4' firestik II and coax). Put it all on the stock tire carrier with a simple Rugged Ridge mount.
View attachment 117431

Now just gotta get around to tuning the thing at some point
View attachment 117432

Was gonna get a picture with all the guts of the interior showing but forgot once I got into the zone (plus it was grimy as hell in there).

Tomorrow, my evo sliders should be showing up :rock: raw steel so I'll be painting them, probably throw up a few pics. Then get them put on hopefully mid next week

Glad to see you mounted the CB on the dash. Getting the same one in a couple weeks. Was gonna follow same write up and place it on dash as well. Just wasn't sure. It looks like it would be pretty easy to use in that location.

Zstairlessone

Check clearance full turn with the chains on and check it again with each side lifted to full travel, you might hit stuff. May be better to put 'em on the rears???

Nice catch too, black is always a good look for Jeeps

Lank

Check clearance full turn with the chains on and check it again with each side lifted to full travel, you might hit stuff. May be better to put 'em on the rears???

Nice catch too, black is always a good look for Jeeps

Good point. They were bought for a f150 but exactly the same tire size. No reason to not check clearances though. Tested them on the front because of reading I was doing, something about pulling through snow instead of pushing

Agreed on color :D

Lank

Sliders came in. Big thanks to Evo, these things look badass!

Attatched is after cleaning and first coat of primer. Curing overnight and finishing tomorrow. Hopefully have pics of them put on by the end of the week

Attachments

• 1420335456547.jpg
    1420335456547.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 257

Lank

Tried to get a good picture of the difference, didn't work out as well as I wanted :grayno: but its there. Left is after

STspacer2.jpg STspacer3.jpg

Lank

Bout a week after that had the Rock Krawler Stock Mod come in with new Bilstein 5100s from Northridge :wings:

Wish I had taken more pictures of the install but got so damn focused during that I forgot. Took muuuch longer than it needed to be (16? hours) but being my first major install, I'm pretty proud of it. Luckily everything seems dialed in well. Sorry for the blurry pics, hands must have been shaky :idontknow:

Front Axle
FAI.jpg

Was against the idea of a spring compressor so had to get it jacked up pretty high to get the coils out. Only other issue was stripped a tap on one of the TF front lower bumpstops but solved that quick enough with a loose nut I had sitting around

Rear Axle dropped down
RAI.jpg

Definitely gotta pay attention to all those lines when you go and drop it. While I was preoccupied with watching the brake lines, I let the axle breather tube rip right off :doh:

Finished product. As if I needed more encouragement to get bigger tires
RK0.jpg

Lank

Finally get around to ordering Trail Grapplers from DTD and I gotta say, the free shipping and the prices that DTD have going on meant alot more when it came down to it than I thought it would. The tires even made it out here in 3 days. Big thanks to them!

There's the stance I've been looking for
NTG1.jpg

Even got around to taking the top off for the first time over Easter weekend. I'm now completely convinced this is how Jeeps were meant to be driven 100% of the time
NTG2.jpg

Lank

Two year bump...

I'm really terrible at keeping up with things like this :grayno: but I really like the idea of keeping the adventure documented

So a few (thousand dollars) may have happened since the last update:

- Stock Bumper Chop
- Warn M8000
- Trektop NX
- Bestop UnderSeat Lockbox
- Currie Front Lower Control Arms
- Adams 1310 Driveshaft
- Spare Tire Delete and moved into the cab
- License Plate Relocation
- EVO Corners and Taillight Kit
- Cowl Dent Mod

Meet "Pumpkin" as she sits now:

IMG_20161225_100400.jpg

IMG_20170124_121811.jpg

Up next is going to be ball joints and at least one if not both unit bearings. Also thinking about finding a closely matched rattle can and doing the sliders orange. Waiting on both for when it isn't so damn cold out though

After that, its going to be the EVO tire carrier to get the spare out of my back seat (fiance is tired of having the seat sitting in our living room). It will be absolute overkill for my 35s but the end-game is I want to end up on 37s. Might as well build it once.

Lank

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. It's a work in progress of course. I'm going to try and stay on top of this thread from now on. Hopefully even the installs themselves

Sent from my Nexus 5X using WAYALIFE mobile app

Lank

Evo Tire carrier officially on order! I'm stoked! From what I gather the install will be a real bear but I'm still excited. Should be an interesting next saturday

Sent from my Nexus 5X using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom