Skid plate (and hard top?) Touch up

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Hey all,

I'm sure this has been answered many many times, but I searched for about 30 minutes and couldn't find what I'm looking for... please excuse my noobness.

I took the jeep wheelin' for the first time and hit a few of the skids, as well as the sliders. (Also made contact with a tree on the passenger side right above the rear door, and it took off a little of the black coating on the hard top, it now has a white "scuff" there)

What works best for touching up the factory skids? What about the hard top? Am I SOL? The tree happened on "midnight run" trail, at Hidden falls (Marble Falls, Texas) so, I'm lucky it's only a scratch if I'm stuck with it. :)

Attached are some pics of the hard top scuff, thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 1420305914147.jpg
    1420305914147.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 77
  • 1420305944125.jpg
    1420305944125.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 77

trailless

Caught the Bug
I just use a black spray paint from any hardware/auto store. Just clean off the debris/mud and spray it. It'll get scratched again so there's no point of spending a lot of money and time on it.

The hard top, maybe you can find the same color paint and touch it up Maybe someone on here has the paint code for it. :thumbup:

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Not sure on the hard top, but for the skids I just use a can of Rustoleom after I clean it off with a wire brush.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
You could probably use some low or semi gloss back paint to get buy. I believe from the factory they use a texture additive as well when the paint them. You can find at an automotive supply store if you are that anal. Actually, SEM make a texture black spray paint.

UpsideUp

Following the big earthquake we had here in CA a few months ago I ended up with a ton of scratches from stuff falling from the garage shelves onto my removed hard top. After a bit of research I found that a black sharpie was the best/easiest/cheapest solution. For me it worked great and you wouldn't even know it was there unless you were looking for it.
And as others have said Rustolium black spray paint for the undercarriage.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
After a bit of research I found that a black sharpie was the best/easiest/cheapest solution. For me it worked great and you wouldn't even know it was there unless you were looking for it.
And as others have said Rustolium black spray paint for the undercarriage.

I'll have to try this! It's just a little scratch, so I don't think I need to buy Mopar for this little scuff

Top Bottom