Mopar spicer Dana 60

jmatta33

You can almost get a full float 60 Dynatrac for that.

You can get a semi float Dyntrac for that price.

rear is a full float. I didnt see any prices listed with all the options and all that. I dont have the specs on the dynatrac so Im not sure how comparable they are as far as build specs, but would be interested if someone could chime in on that as well as fully built front and rear prices. At the end of the day dynatracs are proven and can be had for not much more and I dont know anyone running a spicer axle. not keen on dropping 14k on a set of axles that no one can vouch for either.

Wardell

Apparently at SEMA they were saying that these Ultimate D60 axles would retail for $11k for a pair, and that's complete with the selectable electronic lockers, axle shafts, upgraded brakes, etc. It wouldn't include installation though.

I think Eddie was saying the Cs on these look a bit weaker than the Dynatrac PR60s.

I like how they have e-lockers with a sensor that will wire in directly to the dash, same way the Rubicon's D44 does. Personally, I'd rather have that than air lockers.

Sithwindu

rear is a full float. I didnt see any prices listed with all the options and all that. I dont have the specs on the dynatrac so Im not sure how comparable they are as far as build specs, but would be interested if someone could chime in on that as well as fully built front and rear prices. At the end of the day dynatracs are proven and can be had for not much more and I dont know anyone running a spicer axle. not keen on dropping 14k on a set of axles that no one can vouch for either.

I was told 7k for front and 4k for rear.
And if I'm reading right, the front is a full float.

Just curious on people thoughts and if anyone would consider.

Wardell

Those prices sound in line with what I've heard so far.

I'd consider them, but I'd like to hear a review from someone who has wheeled both UD60s and PR60s first. There's always a risk about being the first to get something, and this is the first I hear of these actually being sold.

jmatta33

Those prices sound in line with what I've heard so far.

I'd consider them, but I'd like to hear a review from someone who has wheeled both UD60s and PR60s first. There's always a risk about being the first to get something, and this is the first I hear of these actually being sold.

exactly. Id need to see some one wheel these things pretty hard and see the actual specs to compare side by side. honestly id like to see several people wheel these before id be comfortable lol.

JAGS

Hooked
An initial thought/question would be if something does go wrong with them or they need service of some type, where do you....the dealership?....mopar? Yikes. At least with Dynatrac, you're dealing with a company that prides itself on customer service. No first-hand knowledge, but I've read and heard on multiple occasions that Dynatrac has great customer service.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I'm interests to see bearing sizes, axle tube thickness, housing thickness. Where was it cast? Where was it built?

jesse3638

Hooked

Hell if these could be a dealer option (no additional install charge if ordered with the vehicle) then included in to the original purchase price of the vehicle, and I qualify for a low APR (0-2.9%) I'd probably do it. Considering they would probably work for most, if not all of my wheeling needs..;) I wouldn't have to then save and write a 10K+ check to replace axles I already paid for. But I'm not sure that would be feasible, plus I already have a 2012 JKUR I don't plan on replacing anytime soon so I'm going to regear what I have when I go 37's and buy a PR44 if/when it fails. Just my :twocents:

ttfhell

I like how they have e-lockers with a sensor that will wire in directly to the dash, same way the Rubicon's D44 does. Personally, I'd rather have that than air lockers.

Why? Is it a different design e-locker? The factory ones aren't known for lasting with bigger tires, take forever to disengage, and aren't serviceable.

Sithwindu

An initial thought/question would be if something does go wrong with them or they need service of some type, where do you....the dealership?....mopar? Yikes. At least with Dynatrac, you're dealing with a company that prides itself on customer service. No first-hand knowledge, but I've read and heard on multiple occasions that Dynatrac has great customer service.

That's a damn good point!!

jesse3638

Hooked
also if you had to take it to the dealership, who trusts their dealer enough to fix their axles??

Stock stuff I'd do it especially under warranty. Now regearing or aftermarket upgrades/repairs (if they'll even do it) I probably wouldn't trust them. My dealer fixed a leaky axle seal under warranty for me and didn't bat an eye at my mods. Also replaced the e-locker and other internals on a JKU we have at work. Expensive (The work JKU was out of warranty) yes but both seem pretty sound so far. Only time will tell I suppose.

CRZRTX

I'm interests to see bearing sizes, axle tube thickness, housing thickness. Where was it cast? Where was it built?

From their website:
Front: Axle tubes: 3.5" tube diameter/.370" wall thickness - See more at: http://spicerparts.com/products/axle/automotive/ultimate-60#sthash.InS6Wj8o.dpuf
Rear: Axle tubes: 3.5" outside diameter/.390" wall thickness - See more at: http://spicerparts.com/products/axle/automotive/ultimate-60#sthash.InS6Wj8o.dpuf

Genuine Made in the USA

Full-float design
Vehicle weight carried by housing instead of shaft
Delivers greater load-carrying ability
35 spline SAE-4340 nickel chromoly steel axle shafts
Selectable electronic locking differentials
Upgraded heavy-duty brakes with plug-and-play ABS system
Massive vented rotors (358mm O.D.) and dual piston calipers for optimal braking power and optimal cooling
- See more at: http://spicerparts.com/products/axle/automotive/ultimate-60#sthash.InS6Wj8o.dpuf

http://spicerparts.com/products/axle/automotive/ultimate-60

JokerJKU

Not a regular poster as I typically don't have a ton to add to the threads and am not one to post for the sake of posting but I have spent some time looking at the new Mopar D60 axles (spent 45 minutes discussing these with a couple of dealers in DFW and a Spicer rep). So probably not entirely unbiased info but it's better than no info.

These can be ordered directly from your dealer (today) or from any Dana/Spicer dealer (in a month or so).

Ram 2500 outers and brakes included (was told to be very careful picking wheels as some 17's will not fit over the rotors/calipers). Confirmed that you can reuse all existing hardware (track bar, draglink, tie rod, control arms, etc). Front is high pinion, rear is low pinion. Front is hi-steer. Both are full float. Both have e-locker similar in design to the Rubicon locker which will plug in to existing wiring on a Rubicon (provisions for an ARB are said to be in the works but dealer didn't have a clue when or really even if this was true). Can be ordered with either 4.88 or 5.38 gearing at this time. Axle tubes are 3.5 inches in diameter with 0.370(front) and 0.390(rear) wall thickness. Warn 35 hubs. Spicer 35 spline Chromoly axle shafts. Front is a 10 inch ring gear, rear is 9.75 inch. Front and Rear are 8x6.5 lug spacing. Both are cast and made in the USA (per Spicer, take it for what it's worth but that's what they told me). Both are set up for 1350 driveshafts. Both are plug and play on a Rubicon.

Dealer in DFW says delivery would be 3 days out if ordered today. Was quoted $9900 for the set at one dealer, $10,700 at another, and $11k at a third. List prices are $7k front and $4k rear complete and ready to bolt in.

My take...definitly not Dynatracs but probably a good alternative for someone that can't afford or doesn't quite need a PR60 or PR80 but wants something decidedly better and not much more expensive than junkyard axles (and something that doesn't require near the work to install on a JK). Personally, I'd go with these over Currie or Teraflex in a heartbeat and at half the price of the PR60's I'd spec'ed out, it might make for a difficult decision as to which way to go depending on what I was building a rig for.

Top Bottom