Gears

JKVADER

So my question of the day is how hard is it to install gears for a 35/37 inch tire?:thinking:

Mitrig

Depends on how mechanically inclined you are...but more along the lines if you're not afraid of taking apart the differential. I know a lot of guys are afraid of doing such work. I'm going to be regearing mine from 4.10 to 4.88 this spring. Though I've taken apart my axle and diff before. You have to ensure every bolt is torqued properly but oter than that it's just a big puzzle

JKVADER

Depends on how mechanically inclined you are...but more along the lines if you're not afraid of taking apart the differential. I know a lot of guys are afraid of doing such work. I'm going to be regearing mine from 4.10 to 4.88 this spring. Though I've taken apart my axle and diff before. You have to ensure every bolt is torqued properly but oter than that it's just a big puzzle

Do you need a lot of specialty tools to do it?

BlackHawk08jk

There are videos on YouTube that show you how to do it and to really do it right you do need some tools specific to the job.

Mitrig

Honestly it's fairly straight forward. Before I had to take mine apart from my last trip I watched a few videos and I believe there was a write up not sure if it was on here or not I'll try to find it for you

Top Bottom