Bully Dog GT

VinceB

Was given a used bully dog as a gift. Have gone through install twice and keep getting stuck on screen that says unlocking vehicle twice now. Also, install wizard would not run, just had me input all info manually. Anyone have any suggestions? ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1421015646.236607.jpg

dillard09

I have the GT. When I installed it the first time mine did something similar to that. I had to call Bull dog and they walked me through what I needed and they needed to do. I would try calling them. They were great customer service when I called. Very polite.

jkjurny

Try downloading the update from BullyDog.

They do have excellent customer service, but only open on weekdays.

VinceB

Now that I've finally got it all installed it won't turn off when turning key to off. It's reading as idle. Switch is turned to key. Going to try running it to a different fuse. Any other ideas or anyone experienced similar?

jeeeep

Hooked
Now that I've finally got it all installed it won't turn off when turning key to off. It's reading as idle. Switch is turned to key. Going to try running it to a different fuse. Any other ideas or anyone experienced similar?

If I understand correctly, you have it wired in to a power supply and when you turn the Jeep off, the GT goes into idle mode? if so, that makes sense since it still has power and the Jeep is not running so I'm guessing you're not wired to a keyed power source.

One of the cigarette outlets should be wired to the ignition, on my 2010 it's the one on the right. if you splice into that you'll have actual keyed power and it should turn off when you shut the engine off.

jkjurny

Mine came with a wire that had a fuse tap. I ran that tap to the fuse box. Did you get one of those? If not, call BullyDog. They may send it to you for free.

VinceB

Tried wiring it to a few different fuses with fuse tap. Still same issue so I guess the lighter is up next. Thanks for the help

bnatt78

I have mine just plugged into the the OBD port and leave it there. I have just ignored the thing being on. That is how I run it in my 2011 jeep and a few people that I know have it ran the same way.

Top Bottom