Jeep won't start

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Hey guys,

Went out to jeep. Tried to start my jeep. All lights come and and hear a click. Could it be the starter? There is a round red light that comes on turns off last on far right of dash. I do not have a secure alarm and have never noticed that. Any advice would be appreciated.

jmatta33

Hey guys,

Went out to jeep. Tried to start my jeep. All lights come and and hear a click. Could it be the starter? There is a round red light that comes on turns off last on far right of dash. I do not have a secure alarm and have never noticed that. Any advice would be appreciated.

sounds like an alternator problem to me. have you tried jumping it with no success?

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
Just a click could mean a dead battery or possibly the starter/solenoid. The clicking you hear is probably the solenoid on the starter and it is either clicking because the battery is dead or the solenoid itself has failed.

I'd probably start with the simplest first and see if you can get a jump.

Good luck!
ERAU

theprospect13

Had the same thing happen, but I drained my battery from probably leaving something on. Tossed the charger on the battery and away I went

DROBICON

Hey guys,

Do you have an automatic or stick? Could be neutral safety switch. Turn the key to the run position and go to drive then back to park and try starting it. Mine does this every once in awhile.

Kalums

My vote is the starter solenoid, some times you can get underneath and tap on it with a big wrench or hammer and it will work one or two more times. It's the bump on the side/ top of your starter. Watch for the positive connection tho.... *sparks fly* on older models you used to be able to short across the terminals if the ignition switch was bad but it doesn't sound like that is your problem (you wouldn't even get a click)

Moochie

Check the wire connections on the solenoid - starter. I had a loose nut on my 3.8's solenoid which kept my Jeep from starting, once upon a time.

2Cross

Caught the Bug
Had this happen to me a while back.
It was something with the computer.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1421021920.772386.jpg
I pulled open the fuse box. Pulled up on the yellow tab to reboot it. Waited a minute. Pushed it back down and it started

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Thanks guys....for giggles I bought a starter. I will check all the suggestions first though. I really appreciate everybodys advice. Will let you know. Shit has to happen before work tomorrow. Go figure.

Top Bottom