ARB vs Powertank Inflator

mastrcruse

I've installed the ARB twin compressor and was wanting to get some opinions on inflators. I see ARB makes on and Powertank makes one--both with gauges. My question is...are inflators just inflators? The ARB one is 1/2 the price. Both are non-digital gauges.

Also, I was going to buy the ARB accessory kit which comes with everything to hook up the inflator to the compressor.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I've installed the ARB twin compressor and was wanting to get some opinions on inflators. I see ARB makes on and Powertank makes one--both with gauges. My question is...are inflators just inflators? The ARB one is 1/2 the price. Both are non-digital gauges.

Also, I was going to buy the ARB accessory kit which comes with everything to hook up the inflator to the compressor.

yea inflaters are inflators.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Thanks!

Cozdude-- did you get the ARB accessory kit for your twin compressor? How's the quality?

yes i did. the only part of it i really use is the air hose but i keep the rest of the small stuff in the jeep just incase. if all your getting it for is the hose then i would suggest doing something like noroad did and go to a hardware store and just make your own longer air hose for cheaper than the arb kit. if your not comfortable with doing that than the arb kit is nice and will serve you well.

sitruc

I've installed the ARB twin compressor and was wanting to get some opinions on inflaters. I see ARB makes on and Powertank makes one--both with gauges. My question is...are inflaters just inflaters? The ARB one is 1/2 the price. Both are non-digital gauges.

I have both inflaters and like cozdude said an inflater is an inflater. The biggest difference is a longer hose on the Powertank one. :D

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Make sure the fittings are the correct sizes. ARB hose doesn't fit on a viair compressor. Not sure about ARB to powertank.

Top Bottom