Anyone regret going to 37s?

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
Looking for a little feedback from folks who have moved up to 37s from 35s.

I am currently running 35" BFG KM2s on AEV Pintlers. It took a few trips to America's Tire to get them riding smooth, but now they ride great.

That said, I like the thought of jumping up to 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers mounted to Slabs. The upgrade would include Cs to the front axle and a re-gear (currently stock Rubicon axles front and rear)

How does the 37 Nitto ride on the highway? My Jeep will become my daily driver starting this summer and will rack up roughly 10,000mi/yr on the highway back and forth to work.

Any other considerations moving up to 37s? Would hydro assist be necessary or just nice to have?

All input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
-ERAU

I had 37's on a daily driver and loved it. They ride great. Hydro assist isnt necessary but recommend if your gonna play on the rocks. Only regret I have about going 37's from 35's is I didn't go 40's sooner.

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
What 37s were you running? Nittos? I've heard nothing but great things on the Nittos with regards to balancing and ride quality.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
No matter what you decide, you should strengthen up the C's now. You will likely bend them even with 35's.

I run 37 Nittos on stock 44 axles with just the C's gusseted and 5.13 gears. Super happy with it thus far. Handles fine on the road and not too noisy.

JAGS

Hooked
10,000 a yr as DD. 😂 that's a nice drive. ENVY is a DD and I've put 15k on since end of May. I've got 37s nitto trailgraplers and the Enforcer lift with drag link flip. Also with 5.13 regear.

Everything is dialed in nicely. The highway ride is great. Have done several long road trips for fun and for work. Other than racking up the miles, I love driving it everyday. Just stay on top of rotations, PSI and balancing and the tires should wear well.

jeffj

Caught the Bug
37's are awesome to drive as a daily driver. I have a full size diesel that I drive every day, but if I had my choice I would drive the jeep. My wife let me because she loves to drive it also. The nitto's are great tires because they are round and not out of balance. I run the trail grapplers with the slabs and have not had them balance. They drive great on the road and I do have a heavy foot. I rotate them religiously every 3000 and they are wearing perfect.

2Cross

Caught the Bug
I've had 37s for two years now and have put 30k miles on my jeep. Had KM2s at first and wore them out. Decided to go with MTRs and that was a mistake. The KM2s ride much quieter and smoother. Really considering selling my MTRs too and going with the Nitto trail grapplers.

I have hydro-assist and think it is he best upgrade and the only reason I think people don't recommend it is if they don't have it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
How does the 37 Nitto ride on the highway? My Jeep will become my daily driver starting this summer and will rack up roughly 10,000mi/yr on the highway back and forth to work.

37" Trail Grapplers run great on the highway and are by far one of the quietest MT I have run. They are also a lot more comfortable than something like an Range E Toyo. They handle well on pavement and are tough off road as well. If there is a downside to them, it's that I am only seeing about 45,000 miles or so out of them.

Any other considerations moving up to 37s? Would hydro assist be necessary or just nice to have?

A hydro assist would not be "necessary" but highly advisable as maneuvering on the rocks or even in tight parking spaces will be tough without it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'll love to do 37' in the future, but I guess you gotta change parts.
What are the c's?

They are gussets that get welded onto your front axle end forgings as they tend to bend with 35" tires or bigger. I know you are a fan of Synergy and they sell a carbon copy of the ones EVO came out with first.

FastZach

I would do the 37s and not look back. Did it about 3 months ago and its amazing. Ride the same as 35s and with the regear we have more power.. Also a huge advantage on the trails. :yup:

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
Well, I think that settles it! 37" Nittos along with some slabs is in the near future. Oh... And gears too... Now just to decide on 4.88s or 5.13s...Too many decisions when it comes to Jeeps! :)

spinuck

Well, I think that settles it! 37" Nittos along with some slabs is in the near future. Oh... And gears too... Now just to decide on 4.88s or 5.13s...Too many decisions when it comes to Jeeps! :)

I think now you just need to wait for Nitto to make some.

Apparently discount tire direct has 8 of them. Funny, when I bought mine a week or two ago, they said they didn't have any and couldn't see them coming in anytime soon.

Last edited:

CJW

I drive 85-100 miles a day with 37 inch trail grapplers. No problems at all. The only regret I've ever had about 37s was when I bought 35s....wasn't ever happy until I stepped up the size

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
I drive 85-100 miles a day with 37 inch trail grapplers. No problems at all. The only regret I've ever had about 37s was when I bought 35s....wasn't ever happy until I stepped up the size

That's really great to hear!

jknikos

I dont think you will find someone regreting 37s in the jeep world. ;) If you do it right you will never look back!!! :thumb:

Top Bottom