Touch up paint and paint codes

Nattier237

Does anyone know the best place to find touch up paint for a 2014 Jk? Also, does anyone have access to a list of the paint color codes?

My JK is copperhead pearl and I'm looking to touch up a few dings.

Btw, Any thoughts on the best color match up for the wayalife windshield decal on my Jeep?? Thanks!

Speedy1

The paint code is on the vin sticker on the driver side body. Take that to a dealer and they can sell you the touch up paint or find a body shop that is willing to do it for you.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I used automotive touchup. There might be two didn't paint codes for your color. I know there is for my color.

SaddleTramp

You can buy the Mopar touchup paint on Amazon and from online vendors. Use your paint code off of the sticker on the inside of your drivers door.

The factory paint is available in both spray cans and the little touch up bottles with a brush.

scull20

I had to paint the lower section of the B-Pillar. Went to an auto body supply shop...the guy behind the counter went out to my jeep and pulled the color code off a sticker on the door jam. They mixed up a two stage spray can of the bright white matching paint. Two stage meaning the base coat and clear coat are mixed together in the same can. Cost about $30 for the can.

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
You can buy paint pens from moose that are an exact match. Also have small bottles of paint for touch up. I saw them on quadratec but I'm sure you can find them elsewhere.

Tanner505

You can buy paint pens from moose that are an exact match. Also have small bottles of paint for touch up. I saw them on quadratec but I'm sure you can find them elsewhere.

Most auto parts stores carry the duplicolor touch up paint and they have exact matchs all you need to know is your paint code

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
paint code will be on the door as mentioned. as overlander mentioned i would look at automotivetouchup.com over the mopar ones. the mopar one is watery a runs. i used the automotive one for my rock rings on my camber pros and its a pretty damn close match. im sure if i used clear coat it would be spot on.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Codes usually on driver's door or firewall. Starting with a P or Q. Three digits. Same color the last two digits would be the same.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Clear coat would give added protection. The base is usually semi gloss or dull and the clear coat provides the gloss that is closer to your paint job.

Nattier237

paint code will be on the door as mentioned. as overlander mentioned i would look at automotivetouchup.com over the mopar ones. the mopar one is watery a runs. i used the automotive one for my rock rings on my camber pros and its a pretty damn close match. im sure if i used clear coat it would be spot on.

I'll check that out now. Thanks!

My paint code wasn't even listed on 2014 Jeep models on automotivetouchup.com, but i found it under 2012 Jeep models. Took a little digging, but I found exactly what I need. Thanks again everyone!

No luck at automotivetouchup.com for Anvil (PDS)

PROJ616

Touch Up paint

We got the paint code and went to Napa auto store with a paint mixing, has to be a specific store, and they color matched us some paint. We used it to paint our deadlock rings and do some other touch up.

Top Bottom