Clutch Fried

JKU-Tom

I hope this isn't going to happen every two years. Clutch was slipping whenever I gave it gas at low rpm's. I hadn't wheeled with a manual before and know I could have been better but 37500 miles is way to soon. Dang.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If you're new to wheeling with a manual, it's easy to burn through a clutch but, once you get the hang of it, you should see a lot more life out of it. Me, I was able to get 100,000 miles out of my original clutch and it still worked well before I pulled it for a motor swap.

JKU-Tom

Thanks. I know I used to use the clutch as speed control until I figured out 4 lo and my brakes. 100,000 would be much more palatable.

JKU-Tom

Had my clutch replaced. Found out the rear main seal was leaking into the clutch which caused its early demise. Couldn't wait 3 wks for dealer so had someone else fix it. Now trying to get it covered under warranty.

Last edited:

jknikos

If you're new to wheeling with a manual, it's easy to burn through a clutch but, once you get the hang of it, you should see a lot more life out of it. Me, I was able to get 100,000 miles out of my original clutch and it still worked well before I pulled it for a motor swap.

100000 out of stock clutch :eek::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Mine died at 55.000. :doh:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
100000 out of stock clutch :eek::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Mine died at 55.000. :doh:

Yeah, 100,000 miles and I'm sure I could have gotten more out of it. However, I did have to have the throwout bearing replaced once and I did go through 3 slaves.

Top Bottom