Which one?

Kalums

OK OK I know suspension questions have been asked, but honestly I haven't been able to find this in a thread yet so.. Don't "shoot" me for asking.

I have a 2013 JKU It is pretty much stock, I'm looking to get a leveling kit and quick disconnects for now until I can afford better, I am currently running 285/70/17 dura tracs. The question I have is is which leveling kit and disconnects? so far from what I've read the EVO hd leveling kit 1.5 is pretty popular and is a really good price at Northridge 4x4, however the TF kit comes with all 4 springs and extended links..... So plz any comments and input would be appreciated.

Edit: oh I plan on sticking to the 33s for the next few years. And will I need brake line extensions?

Side note, just to make sure I'm not entirely insane my common sense says that if I do put a leveling kit on I will definitely need a new alignment, correct?

Thx all

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
the teraflex springs are stiff. ask me how i know. go with the evo leveling kit as you will have a smoother ride and happier in the end.

Kalums

the teraflex springs are stiff. ask me how i know. go with the evo leveling kit as you will have a smoother ride and happier in the end.

Thx I have 3 boys still in car seats that love to ride in "their Jeep" so bone rattling and teeth jarring are a definite no

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Thx I have 3 boys still in car seats that love to ride in "their Jeep" so bone rattling and teeth jarring are a definite no

you will enjoy the ride of the plush ride coils. i installed my teraflex lift and thought it was decent at first. after a month of driving it i went to hinrich's house and rode in his 2 door with the plush rides and instantly fell in love with how smooth it was. since then i hate my teraflex springs and just want to upgrade.

TheStick

For a leveling kit I would just use pucks and get some quick disco links. You'll keep pretty much a stock ride, and save that money for the next round.

OK OK I know suspension questions have been asked, but honestly I haven't been able to find this in a thread yet so.. Don't "shoot" me for asking.

I have a 2013 JKU It is pretty much stock, I'm looking to get a leveling kit and quick disconnects for now until I can afford better, I am currently running 285/70/17 dura tracs. The question I have is is which leveling kit and disconnects? so far from what I've read the EVO hd leveling kit 1.5 is pretty popular and is a really good price at Northridge 4x4, however the TF kit comes with all 4 springs and extended links..... So plz any comments and input would be appreciated.

Edit: oh I plan on sticking to the 33s for the next few years. And will I need brake line extensions?

Side note, just to make sure I'm not entirely insane my common sense says that if I do put a leveling kit on I will definitely need a new alignment, correct?

Thx all

As far as alignment, not at all. You wont change any of the steering geometry that would cause the need for alignment. Also, the length of you brake lines should be fine but you may need a set of brake line extension brackets, but those are cheap.

Clark Collins

Rock Krawler makes a coil spacer leveling kit that comes with quick disconnects. It is what I have on my rig and have been running for 3 years or so. It's only $209.99 in the latest 4WD catalogue. It rides just like stock.

Kalums

Thx all for the suggestions, I believe I will go with the EVO leveling kit, jks quick disconnects and a set of new shocks maybe the 9000s. Will be ordering soon from Northridge called them the other day, they were 100% more helpful and knowledgeable then my "local parts" store and I believe I talked to Chris who was patient an understanding of all my noob questions. :thumbs up:
thx all

Last edited:
Top Bottom