Coolant boiling

Brankz

Ok so today in the smog place my jeep antifreeze start boiling this is the second time that I see this on my jeep, anyone has any idea in what is it?
Any suggestions will help thanks

chipper

Maybe the mixture has to much water in it. If you got the 50/50 mixture of antifreeze and then added more water to top it off, the mixture is bad. Here in Florida it gets really hot, I get the full strength and top it off with more antifreeze instead of water.

Brankz

Maybe the mixture has to much water in it. If you got the 50/50 mixture of antifreeze and then added more water to top it off, the mixture is bad. Here in Florida it gets really hot, I get the full strength and top it off with more antifreeze instead of water.

Im will flush it again and change the thermostat because last time I got the wrong thermostat and make 80/20 mix

The fan only kicks on after it gets that hot?

Yup maybe is the temp sensor?

jeeeep

Hooked
Im will flush it again and change the thermostat because last time I got the wrong thermostat and make 80/20 mix

1. - get the correct thermostat

2. - mix should be 50/50

Don't bother with the temp sensor until you fix 1&2

SASI4BT

Also, check or replace the radiator cap. The boiling point of the coolant is raised under pressure. If the cap is bad, the coolant will boil at a lower temp. Good luck!

Top Bottom