Seating Question.

yoyoyeo02

Anyone running a third row seat set up in their JKU? Am looking for a possible option for when out of town family visits. Seen a few images on the web, but can't find any details. Is there a kit available or does anyone know what seat would work best? Thanks for the help again!!

YOYO

Kalums

I was/am look at this option also, teraflex makes the bracket and any JK fold and tumble rear seat from a 2 door works. I would advise getting the bracket welded as it's only held in by some nut serts and those are easy to put in wrong and to pop out when you don't put them in right.

sassmouth

If you want that third row for your kids to sit, then there is a company out of Modesto, CA called Little Passenger Seats, Inc. that make third row seat packages for a lot of vehicles including jeeps

LtCoyote

This is the top of my wife's MOD list. We have 10 month old twins and a 3 year that she wants to be able to load in the Jeep. You can have the third row tumble seat face forward or rear. I'm thinking easier loading/unloading of the kids from the tailgate if it is rear facing. Also I was throwing around the idea of loading up all my gear in the center (second row folded down or even removed:thumb:) for trips to keep my center of gravity (CG) closer to the center of the Jeep. If you're concerned about the roll cage not extending all the way back, someone makes an extension that protects that area. I'll see if I can find it.

Kalums

This is the top of my wife's MOD list. We have 10 month old twins and a 3 year that she wants to be able to load in the Jeep. You can have the third row tumble seat face forward or rear. I'm thinking easier loading/unloading of the kids from the tailgate if it is rear facing. Also I was throwing around the idea of loading up all my gear in the center (second row folded down or even removed:thumb:) for trips to keep my center of gravity (CG) closer to the center of the Jeep. If you're concerned about the roll cage not extending all the way back, someone makes an extension that protects that area. I'll see if I can find it.

Sry it's sideways but I've got 3 Evenflo Secure Kid DLXs side by side in the second row of my JKU. Just had to remove one cup holder on each seat(I opted for the left one, all my kids are right handers) I have 3 yo twin boys and a 20 month old boy... So I feel ya. :-D

If you or anyone finds who makes those extensions for the roll cage plz let me know because this is one of my concerns with the third row seat. Thx

Edit: Thx for fixing the image!

Attachments

• 1422231150069.jpg
    1422231150069.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:

LtCoyote

Sry it's sideways but I've got 3 Evenflo Secure Kid DLXs side by side in the second row of my JKU. Just had to remove one cup holder on each seat(I opted for the left one, all my kids are right handers) I have 3 yo twin boys and a 20 month old boy... So I feel ya. :-D

If you or anyone finds who makes those extensions for the roll cage plz let me know because this is one of my concerns with the third row seat. Thx

Edit: Thx for fixing the image!

That is a nice setup. Did you totally remove the left armrest or just the cup holder? The picture is a little dark so I can't tell. Definately can't fit three across without modifying them.

I found the extension. It is made by Rockhard4x4. Works with the hardtop but I guess you have to loosen the bolts to lower the soft top. Here's the link. http://www.rockhard4x4.com/product_p/rh-1032.htm

Kalums

Just the left cup holder, it works out great for us we can still take all 5 of us camping gear(arranged with extreme OCD) and 2 medium sized dogs and go camping for the weekend.

Oh thx for the link.!

LtCoyote

Just the left cup holder, it works out great for us we can still take all 5 of us camping gear(arranged with extreme OCD) and 2 medium sized dogs and go camping for the weekend.

Oh thx for the link.!

Man that is a load. This summer will be our first with the whole family. Should be interesting.

Kalums

Be fore warned it can get "interesting" be patient and remember it's supposed to be fun. Good luck.

Kalums

No I meant I was impressed and wanted to see pictures of it all packed up.

Oh well I'm working for the next few weeks straight ooooo the OT! (thank you Superbowl) but I will see what I can do next time we go, I will admit we are light packers it's usually 1 cooler, 1 large coleman 3 room tent, 3 large sleeping bags, 2 duffle bags with clothes etc, a milk crate with hatchet and cooking /fire tools. Some thing that goes bang. A few trash bags and a few spare parts/tools. Cooler, crate and dogs in the back, tent and duffles under the boys feet on the second row(each one gets a sleeping bag to kick or use as a blanket, his choice) tools and parts tucked away in all the nooks and cranies (under seats etc) then we roll. :cheesy grin:

Top Bottom