Anyone have any idea WTF this is? Haha

AndyWentJKU

Forgive the stupid question if it is one...my buddy's 2010 Rubi ABS, traction control and ESP lights just came on after a wheeling trip. We found this little guy under the driver side rear bump stop that I'm sure came off one of its retainer clips and got cut in half. Anyone know what wiring that is? Forgive the ignorant question, I'm still learning all the details and components on these Jeeps!

Attachments

• 1422212815585.jpg
    1422212815585.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 342

LtCoyote

Each wheel has a speed sensor that compares each one to each other. The system will "slow" down a wheel in order to provide better handling characteristics on the road. That my friend is your sensor for your wheel.

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
Had the exact same thing happen. Inside that loom you will find two wires. Peel back the loom, solder the correct wires back together and you will be back in business. Once the wires are reconnected, you will probably have to drive a few miles to get the lights to go out.

Good luck!
-ERAU

Those are about $30 at the stealership and you might even find that your cruise control won't work above about 40mph without it. Pretty much same thing happened to one of mine recently.

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
The sensor is ~$30, however, the wiring harness is not part of the sensor. You'll have to repair the harness as a new sensor will not come with any wiring.

AndyWentJKU

Thank you everyone who responded! It's appreciated! Hope everyone had a good weekend! Now I can tinker with this harness and await the release of JKX part 3 haha

The sensor is ~$30, however, the wiring harness is not part of the sensor. You'll have to repair the harness as a new sensor will not come with any wiring.

Mine came with about 3' of harness already attached to the sensor and a new set screw. Took all of maybe two minutes to change.
Edit: that's for the front, the rear will need the harness repaired as stated above.

Last edited:

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
Mine came with about 3' of harness already attached to the sensor and a new set screw. Took all of maybe two minutes to change.

Really? What year Jeep?

Mine is a 14 and I picked up a sensor on the way home just in case the wire break caused a short and damaged the sensor. The sensor I picked up is for the rear and only has a female plug receptacle on it. I never used the sensor so it is just sitting in the tool box.

I'll tell ya, it would have been nice just to plug and play a new sensor rather than mess with a splice!

Really? What year Jeep?

Mine is a 14 and I picked up a sensor on the way home just in case the wire break caused a short and damaged the sensor. The sensor I picked up is for the rear and only has a female plug receptacle on it. I never used the sensor so it is just sitting in the tool box.

I'll tell ya, it would have been nice just to plug and play a new sensor rather than mess with a splice!

I posted an edit. Didn't realize he needed the rear.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Had the exact same thing happen. Inside that loom you will find two wires. Peel back the loom, solder the correct wires back together and you will be back in business. Once the wires are reconnected, you will probably have to drive a few miles to get the lights to go out.

Good luck!
-ERAU

^ This! I pinched mine on the bump stop platform. I lengthened it with a short piece of wire and rerouted it out of the way. Also used waterproof shrink wrap and connectors. 20 minute free fix. :thumb:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
MTG's 5 year old daughter fixed mine. :thumb:

(Maybe she was 6 at the time, age doesn't matter when they are that young)

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
the pig tail is available from the dealer as well if you need it.

The pigtail still requires splicing right? I think I asked my dealer and they said it will have the plug on one end and roughly 3' of cable with no connector on the other end.

SaddleTramp

The pigtail still requires splicing right? I think I asked my dealer and they said it will have the plug on one end and roughly 3' of cable with no connector on the other end.

Yes, it comes with about two feet of wire that has to be soldered into the existing wire harness. As stated, it has the connector and wire but the rear sensor is sold separate. Here's a pic with the part number.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1422255645.061594.jpg

Top Bottom