Annoying Door Clunk when fully opened, is this normal?

jorgelrod

Hooked
It never sounded like this before so I just want to know if it's normal. Video below on the door clunk when fully opened and when closing after that.

TIA...

Jackal01

Mine does the exact same thing. I am intrigued and hope someone has an answer although I have yet to see an issues arise from it or the possible issue that caused it. :thinking:

Hobolobo

Its normal. It is the lock on the hinge to hold the door open. Watch the black bar and you can see it lock in to place when it clunks. It just gets loud eventually. Mine just started doing it on my new jeep.

Jackal01

Just odd that it didn't do that (the clunk) before but randomly started albeit the door always stayed open once it was fully opened prior to the clunk.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Tighten down the two bolts holding the assist arm to the gate. If it is like when mine was doing it, the bolts were just loose enough to cause it to pop and annoy the hell out of me.

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
Tighten down the two bolts holding the assist arm to the gate. If it is like when mine was doing it, the bolts were just loose enough to cause it to pop and annoy the hell out of me.

Bingo! I had that damn clunk after only 6,000mi. Thought it was normal until I was pulling apart the sub enclosure to wire my backup camera and noticed the bolts were about to fall out! Tightened em' up and quiet like the day I brought it home!

Bingo! I had that damn clunk after only 6,000mi. Thought it was normal until I was pulling apart the sub enclosure to wire my backup camera and noticed the bolts were about to fall out! Tightened em' up and quiet like the day I brought it home!

The same thing happened to my gate and door. Tighten them up.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL!! If you had a 2007-10 JK, you wouldn't even have the the stop to cause a clunk. :crazyeyes:

As mentioned, check the bolts and make sure the slider arm is clean.

onebuilder

I had the same happen to me after 4000 miles. Tightening the bolts fixed mine too.

Top Bottom