quick disconnect pins

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What CanvasJK said, are you asking about the pins or the links? If you asking about the later, not all are equal - some are noisy, some are harder to use and some aren't as strong. Of all the links I have run over the years, I personally prefer JKS.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
to release to sway bars

Okay, sounds to me like you're just asking about the links. If you can get your hands on a used Rubicon e-disco, even if it doesn't work, that's what I would recommend first. Otherwise, I personally prefer the JKS quicker disconnects.

jknikos

Yes jks is what i would reccomend. I had rough countryat firs cause i thought they were cheap bu they were trash.:furious3: They broke while connected going fast on a dirt road. I paid a little more for jks and they are great. Thats the way to go. If you can compare them side to side you will notice the quality difference.:D

kfd78

Forgive my ignorance, but if I wanted add sway bar disconnects to my stock '11 JK, what would that entail exactly?

Adam

noroad

Forgive my ignorance, but if I wanted add sway bar disconnects to my stock '11 JK, what would that entail exactly?

Adam

just taking the old ones off and installing new ones! basic hand tools needed size 18mm or 19mm x2.

Kalums

Not to high jack this thread but, if I'm getting the EVO leveling kit and keeping the stock spring isolators should I go with the 2.5-6 " JKS discos or should I stick with the 0-2"? Two things I should mention, I plan on going to the EVO enforcer lift in the future and ive also been told that the 0-2" discos have to be unscrewed to the max (creating a weak "link" ) for them to fit. So which should I buy? Want to do this right the first time.

ArmyofMike

I made my own quick discos out of grade 5 or 8 hardware from Home Depot.

Here is the pics and the list of parts I used.
2 - 2-1/2"x7/16" Clevis Pins
2 - Lynch pins 3/16" x 1.5"
4 - 7/16" Grade 5 or better washers (I now use the washers on both sides of the pins to take some travel out of the pins side to side.)
Works Great!

20141122_170242_zpsbb9ge4gv.jpg

20141122_170253_zpsoyshr0pn.jpg

Kalums

That sounds cheap and awesome! I actually just found that Cozdude already answered my question in another thread I somehow missed : face palm:

07JKSahara

Not to high jack this thread but, if I'm getting the EVO leveling kit and keeping the stock spring isolators should I go with the 2.5-6 " JKS discos or should I stick with the 0-2"? Two things I should mention, I plan on going to the EVO enforcer lift in the future and ive also been told that the 0-2" discos have to be unscrewed to the max (creating a weak "link" ) for them to fit. So which should I buy? Want to do this right the first time.

Get the 2.5 and up. I ran them stock for a couple months. No performance issues, your sway bar just angles up a little more than before.

Onslaught_jk

Those pins are perfect I never run with them connected unless it's a relatively far distance I'll be making those tonight 👍

ArmyofMike

That sounds cheap and awesome! I actually just found that Cozdude already answered my question in another thread I somehow missed : face palm:

I think total cost was around $12-15. I will change at least the Clevis Pin out about every 6-8mo or as needed, but it was only about $3 for two.

Those pins are perfect I never run with them connected unless it's a relatively far distance I'll be making those tonight 

I also sprayed a bit of lubricant on the pins/clevis to silence a bit of the metal clanking. It really helped quiet. Just make sure you get the linchpin with the round ring; it goes over the Clevis Pin and makes it difficult to wiggle off. I have seen others use Cotter pins etc, but they may rattle or loosen out on their own.

:thumb:

Top Bottom