Or-Fab JK Sport Cage

Jeep2010

Is there any advice I should hear from Jeepers who have owned this or know something about it. I've been doing some research and like this most for the price. Let's hear it WAL FAM.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
This cage is no longer made. The cage everyone gets now that is almost identical is the rockhard cage.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Is there any advice I should hear from Jeepers who have owned this or know something about it. I've been doing some research and like this most for the price. Let's hear it WAL FAM.

I ran the OR-Fab and had no complaints. It's a rough install but I preferred the look over the other options. Too bad they stopped making it.

Jeep2010

This cage is no longer made. The cage everyone gets now that is almost identical is the rockhard cage.

I was looking online and a shop in akron said they had it in stock.. Is the rock hard cage pretty much the same? It looks about the same.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Totally different look and fit. Both work very well for their intended purpose.

The Rock Hard is a much, much easier install.

Templar

I ran the OR-Fab and had no complaints. It's a rough install but I preferred the look over the other options. Too bad they stopped making it.

I also installed and ran the OR-Fab cage and I loved it. Anyone know why they stopped making it?

Wardell

I also installed and ran the OR-Fab cage and I loved it. Anyone know why they stopped making it?

Rumour has it there were law suits involved... but I don't know if there is any truth to that.

I'd actually say the Poison Spyder sport cage is more like the OR-Fab, since they both replace the upper supports between the A and B pillars. The Rock Hard sport cage keeps those and clamps onto them. That said, the general consensus on here seems to be that the Rock Hard sport cage is the better one.

SFNick

I was looking online and a shop in akron said they had it in stock.. Is the rock hard cage pretty much the same? It looks about the same.

I have tried purchasing from a couple of these vendors that said they have it in stock but unfortunately they were out & just haven't updated their web site.

Rumour has it there were law suits involved... but I don't know if there is any truth to that.

I'd actually say the Poison Spyder sport cage is more like the OR-Fab, since they both replace the upper supports between the A and B pillars. The Rock Hard sport cage keeps those and clamps onto them. That said, the general consensus on here seems to be that the Rock Hard sport cage is the better one.

I was told that it cost too much to manufacture.

The rock hard comes bare; the or-fab is powder coated.

Thats correct it comes powder coated.

I have spoken to OR Fab about their sport cage because I have it installed in Canvas. They did not specifically state why but it did have something to do with liability of the cage not
Being installed properly and potential lawsuit. Additionally they are focussing on their other products.

The OR Fab sport cage is a booger to install and having the A to B pillar replacement adds another dimension to the install. I love my sport cage but had I done a little more research I would have gotten the Rock Hard simply because I do not have to lower the windshield to install. That was by far the most challenging aspect. Sure you take a measurement but getting it back is a PIA.

If you really want an OR Fab Sport Cage contact them and see if they have any in the warehouse. You would be surprised what they have laying around.

R/
Will

I have an OR-Fab cage in pieces on my shop floor headed to scrap if you want to tinker with it. I took it out because in made the tops fit poorly and was missing many holes and installation points. (It might as well have been held in with bubble-gum.) I'm replacing it with a Rockhard next month....

Top Bottom