Making Coffee on the Trail - Options?

jk12blk

I have not really searched yet, but I'd thought I would post to see how you all make coffee when on the trail. Looking for something that works well, somewhat small and easy to use. Are there any coffee makers that work through the cigarette lighter? Here is cool looking coleman which requires propane. Anyway, just looking for a few ideas. Thanks!

Capture.JPG

TheStick

I had an old percolator I used to use and switched to a french press this last year. It makes much better coffee and super easy to use our camping. Just boil water.

Benny

X3 on the french press! Best cup of trail coffee I've had. Just got to pack a stove and pan to heat the water.

USMMA11NC

Caught the Bug
A guy I work with recently bought an Aeropress. It makes espresso-like coffee really quickly and like a French press all you need is hot water and some ground coffee beans. I'd go with either that or (my preference) a French press.

holy_crap

LOL, you guys are fancy with your french presses. I've used a clean cotton sock and a pot to make coffee over a campfire or grill. Just add the coffee to the open end of the sock and tie a knot, throw it in the water and boil away. I usually just dip a cup into the pot to get the coffee and drink it. Depending on how strong you like the coffee you can keep adding water to the pot, you may have to put another sock with coffee in it. Just don't let the water evaporate away.:hot:

Super T

LOL, you guys are fancy with your french presses. I've used a clean cotton sock and a pot to make coffee over a campfire or grill. Just add the coffee to the open end of the sock and tie a knot, throw it in the water and boil away. I usually just dip a cup into the pot to get the coffee and drink it. Depending on how strong you like the coffee you can keep adding water to the pot, you may have to put another sock with coffee in it. Just don't let the water evaporate away.:hot:

I've also done the sock technique, multiple uses with limited coffee grinds. Good call!

stweasel

You will have stronger coffee if you don't use a clean sock
download.jpg

Top Bottom