California crackdown on light bars??

Buddy of mine just informed me that the PoPo in my area are now citing people for having light bars above the level of your headlights uncovered when not on a trail. He went on to tell me that they are also citing for having more than 8 foreword facing lights and that some officers are considering each individual LED in any one fixture to be a single light. Anyone else hear of such a thing?

tobias lopez

This is the only thing that I have found so far. But it's nothing new.

Attachments

• 1423071642688.jpg
    1423071642688.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 750

RockyJk

Yep my cousins wife got a ticket for it a couple weeks ago had to cover up the 50" looks pretty lame now lol

The thing is, Rigid makes a cover for the 50". However I'm told it will only fit a rigid and there's a lot of guys running off brands. Looks like I'll be buying some Neoprene and Velcro and making my own covers.

JKRicky

As stated above, there has always been a vehicle code section for this BUT it isn't something that we usually mess with. But unfortunately for you Lee, you live in Clovis which this is something Clovis cops would mess with.

My guess is that they have had a lot of dumb kids driving around with them on drawing attention to them.

Hack12

California is absurd.

Catching someone with the lights on is completely understandable, anything else is ridiculous.

Sean97

It is a correctable violation so as long as you can cover it the ticket or notice to correct can be signed off...

I do not think that was the point....
But I have been wrong many times, lol

" laws were most numerous when the commonwealth was most corrupt"
Publius Tacitus

Brankz

That's why I love cali... Lol nahhhhh california sucks
Even most girls here have 90 extra pounds of McDonald on them lol

Top Bottom