Tricycle...More like a Polaris Slingshot is what i ended up as!!!

blackbettie

So it all started yesterday when I decided "Hey I need to rotate my tires!" Well with a newborn and toddler I made way out to the garage on what little sleep i did get jacked it up, rotated all four, torqued everything back down.... OR SO I THOUGHT! On my way to work this morning, I found felt a little shimmy and next thing i know.... my Driver side rear tire is rolling next to me and i'm watching it pass me on the highway, keep in mind these are 35's around 100lbs a peice. :thinking: Luckily it ended up going in the embankment and my rotor never hit pavement, because i managed to get in the grass before full droop happened.

Wouldn't believe it, but i found all 5 lugs within a 10 foot range of each other :thumb:, thanks to my trusty hilift, and onboard compressor was back up ands running in about 15 minutes. Needless to say "Rotating tires + lack of sleep + kids = just wait till your COHERANT!. Could have been much worse, but thankfully it wasn't. :banghead:

that is something that you hear about on Facebook.

glad everything worked out and you were not hurt. Jeep parts can be replaced you on the other hand cannot.

Rccrwlr

Wow. Very scary. Glad there wasn't an oncoming car.

I try to make it a point to put the torque wrench away last and just before it goes back into the tool chest I hit each lug one more time.

I had a wheel come loose after a rotation once and it will never happen again.

blackbettie

Wow. Very scary. Glad there wasn't an oncoming car.

I try to make it a point to put the torque wrench away last and just before it goes back into the tool chest I hit each lug one more time.

I had a wheel come loose after a rotation once and it will never happen again.

Yup, my routine has been forever changed now because of this incident as well. As you said "that will never happen again"

Top Bottom