Hardtop Hoist

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Looking for a hardtop hoist. Finishing our basement in the next month or so...won't have a place to store my hardtop in the summer. I know I could build my own, but buying one is what I'd rather do, especially with the 14 ft ceiling in my garage. If I can't find one used, I'll just order a new one. Just thought I'd put a feeler out there.

I had one in Florida and did not really like it. I had to ad links to the ceiling mount just to get it to work because of the 12ft ceilings. Something to keep in mind it will still be in the way. I would recommend building a cart to store it on so you do not run into it. they do not give :mad:

JayKay

Caught the Bug
I had one in Florida and did not really like it. I had to ad links to the ceiling mount just to get it to work because of the 12ft ceilings. Something to keep in mind it will still be in the way. I would recommend building a cart to store it on so you do not run into it. they do not give :mad:

What I really need to do is build a shop for all my tools and jeep parts, but that ain't happening living in town. Unfortunately I won't have room for a cart either, not with my toolbox, workbench, and air compressor in the garage. A hoist, even if I had to modify it, is my best solution, but thanks for the input.

What I really need to do is build a shop for all my tools and jeep parts, but that ain't happening living in town. Unfortunately I won't have room for a cart either, not with my toolbox, workbench, and air compressor in the garage. A hoist, even if I had to modify it, is my best solution, but thanks for the input.

Do not waist your time with the ones that have a steel cable and come along. Get the Harken hoist http://www.quadratec.com/products/12020_1000_07.htm

R/
Will

rob_p

I have the Lange Hoist a Top which works well and allows me to switch tops without any help.

Having installed the kit, there's no secret sauce and you could simply build your own version, but it's also convenient to have it straight out the box.

The installation was pretty simple, just make sure to test everything before lifting your top! It was a little hair raising to park underneath it the first time - I think I checked everything 10 times just to be sure.

A couple of tips from my installation...
* think about the route the cable will take from the winch to the roof pulley. On mine the cable prevented the top going all the way up to the roof, this was a simple fix with an additional pulley at the top of the wall.

* secondly for safety I installed a back up pulley in case the main one fails - which helps me sleep better!

Rob

Top Bottom