Jeep Liberty

VinceB

My wife really wants a Jeep Liberty, 2011-2012. I've heard a lot of mixed reviews on them. Especially concerned with transmission. Anyone have anything to offer in terms of advice or experience?

el_chupo_

My wife has had a couple as delivery vehicles for her company, which puts a lot of miles on vehicles. She puts the Liberty (First gen) up there as one of the worst vehicles they have used, as far as general costs to keep it running. I think it was a sample size of 2 or 3. She hated the Nissans they had a bit more with the CVT, if that helps with a comparison. They have had pretty good luck with the Ford Transit and prior to that the Ford Escape and Mazda equivalent. Also keep in mind these were delivery drivers and their managers who were not the best at making sure maintenance was kept up, or all that great with treating a vehicle well.

We have a '05 KJ Liberty that we use as a spare rig for both the wife and I, she uses it more than me as a alternate daily driver to her '13 JK, but we both love it and no major repairs... just a water pump about two months ago. Great little run about for city driving, seats are a little hard for long trips. The 3.7 V6 has plenty of power and we have off roaded with it and it held up great, I've put a 2-1/2 inch lift with Bilsten coil overs to improve the ride. Good for what we need it for, spare city commuter.

Shadow's_Jeep

Caught the Bug
My Wife drive's an 08 KK Liberty Limited bought new, it now 50,000 miles on it. Never has given her any problems.

Top Bottom