Thread: help with tire size and lift dilemma

help with tire size and lift dilemma

I have a 2007 stock Jk Rubicon 4 door. this is my daily driver. I cannot afford the lift AND tires at this time. so here is my question. I plan on purchasing a metal cloak 3.5' lift and trimming my factory fenders before april. However, i NEED tires RIGHT NOW. I really want to do 37's with my lift. but i cant afford to wait for the lift before i get new tires. My question is, Can i trim my fenders, and pinch seam if necessary to install the 37's before i get the lift. Of course i will not be doing anything other than street driving until i can install the lift. Is this idea possible??? any input would be great.

Not That Kind of Engineer olram30's Avatar
    I wouldn't try it. It's not your plastic fenders I'd be worried about.You'd have to trim a lot of metal so you don't chew up your new tires.

I'm fairly sure it won't fit only because I've seen 35s with no lift/trimmed fenders. It was a realy tight fit. If you can spare another $180 bucks to get a 2.5" buget boost I recommend going that route. I have one now with 35s and I have a fair amount of room with full fenders. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the input. I am new to the build process and i am grateful for the advice.

Nothing but a Thing BlackHawk08jk's Avatar
    I have 35s and 2 1/2 inch spacers on my jku Sahara and if you get much articulation and a sharp turn at the same time they rub the frame. And would rub stock fenders bad. So all that said I really don't think you will be able to get 37s with no lift.

I agree with mr tye. Pick up some cheap spacers and shock extensions. You can always sell it when you buy your next lift.