Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heated Truck Lites

Heated Truck Lites

Got em installed and a few days later had a perfect wet snow to test them. Worked great!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1423418053.893692.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by dchew View Post
    Got em installed and a few days later had a perfect wet snow to test them. Worked great!
    Hey, in the photo it only looks like the top half is heated. Can you confirm if it heats the entire lens on yours? Truck Lite is sending me new ones - they said it should have heated the entire lens even on low beams.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWyatt View Post
    Hey, in the photo it only looks like the top half is heated. Can you confirm if it heats the entire lens on yours? Truck Lite is sending me new ones - they said it should have heated the entire lens even on low beams.
    Yes the whole lens is heated. From videos I have seen the top heats up and defrosts faster
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JK
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assis

jlwrangler.com

I think both halves are working because the snow is about 1/3 of the way up the lens, not half way. It was a really heavy wet snow, but I should test that to be sure.

Dave

After a few more wet snowstorms and some better investigating, looks like mine are also only half heated. Contacted Northridge and they handled it quickly. TruckLite will be sending replacements and a return box for these. Great service!

Dave

I think both halves are working because the snow is about 1/3 of the way up the lens, not half way. It was a really heavy wet snow, but I should test that to be sure.

Dave

The bottoms will defrost once you use high beams that kicks in the defroster.

Heated Truck Lites

Quote Originally Posted by twoxstreem View Post
    The bottoms will defrost once you use high beams that kicks in the defroster.
    Did you hear that from TruckLite? I originally thought that might be the case, but two reasons now I don't think so: First, since high beams are used infrequently, a design like that may not be too effective. Second, I sent them photos and they didn't ask anything about using the high beams, and it is pretty obvious they are off in the pics; they just wanted mine back ASAP.

Dave

TruckLite confirmed with me today the entire lens is supposed to heat regardless of whether the high beams are on. I want to reiterate that I am very happy with the headlights and especially Trucklite's quick response and reaction. Both TruckLite and Northridge are doing a great job here.

This is a new product, and as far as I can tell only a few of us have had this half-heated issue. I highly recommend these to anyone who wants very bright LED's and lives where there is wet snow.

Dave

TruckLite confirmed with me today the entire lens is supposed to heat regardless of whether the high beams are on. I want to reiterate that I am very happy with the headlights and especially Trucklite's quick response and reaction. Both TruckLite and Northridge are doing a great job here.

This is a new product, and as far as I can tell only a few of us have had this half-heated issue. I highly recommend these to anyone who wants very bright LED's and lives where there is wet snow.

Dave
    Yup, mine where half-heated and without even asking where I got them, TruckLite shipped me new ones a while back. They also said it was not supposed to require high beams to fully heat the lens. They should be sitting on my porch when I get home from work today. Will report back.

I thought I remembered reading the military heated versions were only half heated - maybe a design/production mixup at the factory? They said their engineering team wants to take a look when mine are received back and see what's going on.

Kudos, though, to TL on their customer service.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1425063745.108913.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1425063804.998984.jpg

25 degrees and blowing snow on a 30 minute drive at 35-40mph. Before leaving, Jeep was in a parking garage and sat for three hours in the mid 20s degree air.

Checking the lamps after arriving home, the top half is quite warm, bottom half is not. Probably radiant heat helped clear the lower lens anyway.

Last night I tested low beams VS high - the lowers were not warm on low beam, but quickly heated after turning on the high beams.

So TL says they're not designed to operate this way, but that's how it seems to me. Whether this is a problem for ME or not living in Texas - well they do the job regardless. HOWEVER - if you get a shiz-ton of snow and ice, you may be running half-baked.

I'll try to stay in touch with TL about their findings once they get mine back - but, hey, TL: if you're reading this, please go pull a set and test low beam VS high beam heat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast