CB Shopping

trailraider

I've been looking at getting another firestik. They are easy to tune. But it's a personal preference for me.

scull20

I have a Uniden Bearcat 880 mounted above the rear view mirror with a 4'-0" Firestik Firefly antenna mounted with the cool tech license plate mount.

Here is the thread that details the overhead mounting: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?19666-Uniden-Bearcat-880-Overhead-install

There are other options for mounting overhead that I'm sure others could chime in about using the footman loop.

The cobra 29 is also a great CB that many people run, I just preferred the look of the uniden over the cobra.

-Ryan

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Ive got a Uniden 510 with a 4' firestick. Ive had it for about three years now. It is easy to setup and use.

BIGLex

This is what I have with a 4' Firestick...
Real happy with the stealth look with everything hidden.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1423428897.782265.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1423428953.088209.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1423428962.367626.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1423428973.752205.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1423428983.602136.jpg

Lank

This is what I have with a 4' Firestick...
Real happy with the stealth look with everything hidden.

Man, that is an awesome spot! :thumb: Liking the stealth

For the op, it seems like most people go with Uniden or Cobra from what I've seen. For the antenna Firestik seems to be the most widespread fiberglass kind. I have a Cobra 29 with 3' Firestik II myself and they both perform beautifully. Just don't forget to get/find someone with a SWR meter to tune for best performance

Kalums

I have an old Cobra 25 Ltd I got off a friend of mine for free his Dad peak tuned it and I'm running a 300 watt amp with a 4' tuneable Wilson. They guys @ Apollo Communications here in phx hooked me up on the amp. And tuned the whole setup for me awesome job(IMHO)

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
I'm running the same setup as BigLex and am very happy. When not in use, I just tuck the handheld pigtail under the dash and stow the handheld itself in the glovebox. I've only used the CB once on the trail and it worked as advertised. :)

Hack12

I had a 4' Firestik that I mounted right to the back of my JK with an "L" bracket. Worked great and I got really nice reception.

photo 1.JPG

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1391200480.850419.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1391200468.932137.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1391287492.780776.jpg

BIGLex

Man, that is an awesome spot! :thumb: Liking the stealth

For the op, it seems like most people go with Uniden or Cobra from what I've seen. For the antenna Firestik seems to be the most widespread fiberglass kind. I have a Cobra 29 with 3' Firestik II myself and they both perform beautifully. Just don't forget to get/find someone with a SWR meter to tune for best performance

Thanks Lank...
Although my kit came with a SWR, I still had Lafayette Electronics in Plantation, FL (in business 37 yrs) tune it all up for me...
& I run the cable on the side and hide the handheld in the arm rest 😎

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1423456713.173874.jpg

Top Bottom