Elevatd's Build

Elevatd

March 2014 Pearl Ends - April 2014 Elevatd's Build Begins

So after an accident which totaled my 2008 JKU X (Pearl)...
Before
1511751_10203048081548954_38241129_n.jpg
After
zzzzzz1.jpg

I am starting over again...

This time my girl is a 2012 JKUR.

This is how she sat at lot the day I drove to St. Louis to get her...
05.jpg

2.5" RC BB,
17" MB TKO wheels,
305/70R17 Pro Comp Xtreme A/Ts,
Pavement Ends stubby Front bumper
Smittybilt SRC Fender Flares
Smittybilt SRC Rock Sliders
Riddler Front Diff Cover
Mopar Rear Diff Gaurd
Bullydog Triple Dog Tuner
Banks Exhaust

Last edited:

66bmx6

Thats a real shame about the 08, The important part is you are OK, and can rebuild. Good luck with the new one.

Elevatd

May 2014 First Mods

After getting her home it was time to start getting her ready for our summer wheeling trip. This years destination was Windrock ORV.

First thing was to get some Decent tires under her...

So I went with 37" Nitto Trailgrapplers and some 1.5" Spidertrax Wheel spacers.
image.jpg

Last edited:

Elevatd

Thats a real shame about the 08, The important part is you are OK, and can rebuild. Good luck with the new one.

Thanks!! There were 4 of us in there including my 2 little ones in the back. We all walked away with out a scratch!!
IMG_0288.JPG
IMG_0290.JPG
IMG_0295.JPG

Jeeps are built safe!!

Napalm

Glad to see that you were alright and looks like your new 2012 Rubi is following well in the footsteps of your old JK!

Elevatd

June 2014 RC 3.5" Series II Lift, Synergy TR, and Synergy DL Install

In preparation for Windrock it was time to install the lift to allow some room for the 37"s to stretch.

Felt a little short before the install....
10268627_10203921652027670_6128541965829383427_n.jpg

I decided to go with the Rough Country 3.5" Series II lift. Great lift for the money and fit the budget to get enough room to clear the 37"s and allow her to flex.
photo 2.JPG

During the Lift install we also installed Synergy Axle Sleeves, Gussets, Synergy Tie Rod and Synergy Drag Link With Flip Kit. Corrected the Geometry and added a lot of beef to the front for that inevitable TR to Rock meeting.
12 Jeep.jpg

Last edited:

Elevatd

Flex Test!

After installing the lift I took her out to to some flex testing. The RC lift flexed out pretty nice and I seemed to have plenty of clearance.
11.jpg

Elevatd

Time To Put Her Through The Paces!!

I decided before going to Windrock I should take a small trip to Bundy Hill to see if she has any bugs to work out. Good thing I did...

First thing I noticed was I need Bigger Bump stops up front. She rubs on front fender at full stuff...
1.jpg
IMG_1819.jpg

The next thing I noticed is that the stock clutch is weak!! I had a complete failure of the clutch going down a hill with out any previous issues at all...
IMG_1848.jpg

Very happy this didnt happen in the mountains. Would have made for a very bad day.

Elevatd

June 2014 South Bend Clutch

After looking around I found that there were very few aftermarket companies that made clutches for the 3.6L. So I contacted the guys at South Bend Clutch. These Guys build clutches for HD diesel pulling trucks so I figured theyd be able to make one for me to with stand my Rock Crawling abuse. Much to my relief they said they could rebuild mine and make it much more durable and able to withstand heavier loads and abuse.

So after a couple days at South Bend Clutch she is back on the road!
I know the pic doesnt really show much as far as the clutch but its a pretty hard part to show... lol
jeep3.jpg

The clutch definitely feels heavier and has a real hard engagement that will take some getting used to but wheeling it in the rocks will be the real test.

Last edited:

big dr

Congrats on the new Jeep!! Glad to hear all were ok in the crash. Seeing the stock cage and A pillar fold like that makes me happy I finally did an aftermarket cage!

One piece of advise,,, Depending on how stiff the shop made your new clutch,, You might want to keep a spare master cylinder. They are probably better than they were in the 80's,,, but when I put in a stiff clutch in my Toyota,, I started destroying clutch cylinders.

Elevatd

Time For Windrock!

First real trip with the new Jeep. Loved the 3.6L through the mountains and she handled great on the Highway the whole way there, But we're more interested in how she did on the trails.

She really showed up on the trails and I wasnt disappointed at all with her performance...
IMG_3368.jpg

I can definitely see room for improvement but she did what I expected her to.
IMG_3120.jpg

We had a great time down there and would recommend Windrock to anyone! Great views and trails for miles from mild to wild.
IMG_3265.jpg
IMG_3371.jpg
IMG_3615.jpg
IMG_3629.jpg
IMG_3639.jpg
IMG_3640.jpg
IMG_3690.jpg
IMG_3784.jpg
IMG_3842.jpg

Elevatd

Fast Forward to today...

Time to upgrade the Lights, Lift, Bumper, Winch and Sliders.
Rock Krawler 3.5" X Factor Mid Arm
Fox 2.0 IFP Shocks
JCR Mauler Front Bumper
JCR Crusader Sliders
Engo 12000S Winch with Synthetic Line
TruckLite LED Headlights

Parts on order should be here soon!
I hate waiting...

Elevatd

You running a 37" on the stock carrier?

Yes Only for a little while. I figure the bushings can hold up till I get the PSC rear carrier. Ran my 08 like that for way longer than planned and didnt have any issues. Just have to make sure tire doesnt vibrate a lot.

Elevatd

Feb. 2015 Trucklites

Trucklites came in before rest of the order so I went ahead and installed them. Super easy once the Grill is removed. Only issue I Had was with the connectors, there was a lot of dirt and ice built up behind the tab so they didnt want to come out very easy. I guess thats what I get for doing them outside in 8 deg Michigan winter...

Never the less they are on!!
IMG_3408.JPG
IMG_3410.JPG
IMG_3411.JPG

They look great and like everyone says the difference is amazing!

I love the look they give the front even during the day when they are off!
IMG_3414.JPG
IMG_3416.JPG

Trucklites are simply one of the easiest mods to do and the best bang for your buck!

Napalm

I feel like truck-lites completely change the look of the front of the Jeep.

Looks great, nice build!

Top Bottom