Coolant leak.

Bryan__howell

Iv started a couple threads on this problem, at first I did not know where the coolant was coming from. However, I found it... Pouring out.. I refill once every two days ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1423518784.772201.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1423518799.632679.jpg

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
Can't tell much from the pictures.

Here is something to look for:
Did you check the tell-tale (little drain hole) beneath the water pump's shaft? If it's coming from it then the pump's internal seal is bad and the pump needs to be replaced.

ProtocolJK

It's hard to tell from the pictures but I would also say to check the water pump. It sounds like the seal is going bad.

Wolf Man

It sounds like the water pump. Use a small mechanics extension handle mirror, with a good LED Flashlight. You should be able to see the weep hole.:yup:

jeeeep

Hooked
it's not difficult to repair or swap it out.

x what everyone else has said - water pump.

gasket around $20, water pump if needed - around $125- $ 230 depending on where you get it (I'd get CROWN replacement, they tend to be cheaper)

just don't over tighten - that'll be your nightmare :beer:

Brankz

it's not difficult to repair or swap it out.

x what everyone else has said - water pump.

gasket around $20, water pump if needed - around $125- $ 230 depending on where you get it (I'd get CROWN replacement, they tend to be cheaper)

just don't over tighten - that'll be your nightmare :beer:

I can get you a water pump for cheap 😁 but has to be fast because I'm leaving my job at Oreillys pretty soon

Edit not for you its for the other guy lol..... Don't get me wrong I can get you super cheap prices too lol

Bryan__howell

I appreciate it but I already dropped it off to get it fixed. I lost all my coolant on the way to the shop. Thanks for the input!

jknikos

Ηope everything goes well and you get it fixed. Something i noticed is that the coolant i see on the floor is green.:thinking:

Bryan__howell

Just got the pump replaced, they said it was the problem. Now when I shut off my car I have lots of steam coming through the passenger side headlight out the grille

jeeeep

Hooked
Just got the pump replaced, they said it was the problem. Now when I shut off my car I have lots of steam coming through the passenger side headlight out the grille

hmmm they may have not closed the drain valve all the way, it's located on the passenger side bottom of radiator.

JAGS

Hooked
Not sure of best place to start, as I'm not mechanically inclined. But, I would first get everything all cleaned up. Take it for a short drive, stop, check, repeat as necessary. By the amount of fluid in the pics, you should be able to see the origin of the leak once everything is cleaned of residual. Good luck finding the issue.

Top Bottom