Am I Just Getting Old?

05Jeeper

I'm curious as to the average age of everyone on the forum. Me, I'm 43 with a son in college and daughter soon to be. I see all these builds and wonder if it's just me, but I don't see how I could ever afford to further build on my Jeep, being a family man.

Don't get me wrong, I make good money, and look quite young for my age, but my paycheck mainly goes towards groceries, bills, and payments on four vehicles....and oh yeah, college. I still stash away a Jeep fund for small upgrades when the time is right, but I doubt I'll be driving Rattle Trap any time soon.

Hack12

I'm 33, or will be in a couple weeks, and married with a 4 year old.

I'd have to guess the average age of the forum members to be somewhere in the mid to late 30's.

53 with 1 in College and 1 starting High School - and 1 expensive ex-wife. and I feel you on the Jeep fund growing slowly. I think some people (me included sometimes) get caught up in the "and for little more I can get" trap :cheesy:

Tanner505

22 engaged and still a giant kid lol, I don't plan on kids for a while but I will continue to build my jk up

thardy

Banned
30, married with a 14 month old. It's definitely going to be a slow build up. I've done, what I consider to be a lot over this past year, but it'll probably slow down for a bit.

dunn81

44, married, dual income, kids in: high school, middle school, grade school. Traded up from my '12 Sahara to '14 Rubi last summer and it's still stock. It's very aggravating not to be able to get started with the mods. At the rate I'm going, I'll give up and trade before starting on this one...

Templar

I'm 47, almost 48, married with a 5 y/o and a 7 y/o. Definitely a lot harder saving up for jeep upgrades at this age with a house, little ones, and trying to save for retirement. Even when I can spend some money on the Jeep (recently spent about $7k and want to do about $5k more) I feel guilty as hell about it! :doh:

05Jeeper

53 with 1 in College and 1 starting High School - and 1 expensive ex-wife. and I feel you on the Jeep fund growing slowly. I think some people (me included sometimes) get caught up in the "and for little more I can get" trap :cheesy:

53? Is that why your known as Branman? 😜

66bmx6

38 and still paying for my LJ. Im a few tax brackets away from JK on 37 and there is a tone them on here.

09blackruby

Just about to turn 40. Married, 2 very active kids 10 and 12. The jeep takes the back seat much of the time. It's taken me 6 years to get it where it sits today basically 35's and a small lift. Some day I'll have some slabs... It may just be a few years from now.

Top Bottom