Evo protek skids

jkur77

I have a lot of Evo products and love them. I am having a problem though with the transmission skid plate. After I installed it the bolts keep coming loose and causing the pan to leak. I have even used Loctite and this still happens. Has anyone else had this issue or know how to fix it?

If the gasket has absorbed transmission fluid it will be the path of least resistance and will cause a leak. The best way to fix it is to replace the gasket. Not for the bolt that keeps coming out I would recommend using a lock washer on that bolt to keep it from coming out. My next question is did you torque the bolts to the right setting? Over torqueing will cause the threaded insert to become weak and not hold the specified torque.

jkur77

If the gasket has absorbed transmission fluid it will be the path of least resistance and will cause a leak. The best way to fix it is to replace the gasket. Not for the bolt that keeps coming out I would recommend using a lock washer on that bolt to keep it from coming out. My next question is did you torque the bolts to the right setting? Over torqueing will cause the threaded insert to become weak and not hold the specified torque.

I never thought about The gasket already being saturated. That is a very good point I'll check that. It is hard to an almost impossible to get a torque wrench in there to torque them.

Take a picture of where you are having a problem area. I might be able to give you some suggestions on how to tighten it.

Here is the Project-JK write up for the Protek armor installation.

R/
Will

Last edited:

thardy

Banned
Hold on, I'm curious here as to how the transmission pan is leaking after this install. If I remember correctly, none of the trans pan bolts are removed. :thinking:

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I'm curious how the transmission skid plate is causing your pan to come loose also.

jkur77

Take a picture of where you are having a problem area. I might be able to give you some suggestions on how to tighten it.

Here is the Project-JK write up for the Protek armor installation.

R/
Will

I'll try to get a picture tonight.

jkur77

Hold on, I'm curious here as to how the transmission pan is leaking after this install. If I remember correctly, none of the trans pan bolts are removed. :thinking:

The skid plates are set up different on the 07 the transmission skid plate bolts up directly to the transmission.

thardy

Banned
The skid plates are set up different on the 07 the transmission skid plate bolts up directly to the transmission.

Gotcha. Didn't think about the 3.8, was only referring to the 3.6, as I do not have experience with the 3.8.

Top Bottom