4.0L still going strong

Wolf Man

Congrats on the long engine life!:thumb:
That is also a good indicator, that you have a excellent maintenance program!

I for one, really feel that the 4.0 engine, is one of Chrysler's best engines ever.
That is applicable through 2004.

download camgear.jpg

^The factory changed the position of the oil seal, and created the OPDA nightmare for the 2005 and 2006 4.0 engines.
Causing major repair expense. To the best of my knowledge, there is still no known factory solution!:naw:

BlueBox

166k on my 01!

My oil pressure is non existent at idle though so not sure how much longer it really has.

jeff_in_rc

Nowhere near you Joker151 but when I got my TJ in September of '13 it had 78K on the clock and I just hit 96K this past weekend.
Doing everything I can to keep her going for a LOT longer. :D

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
I love the 4.0 in my MJ. It's a solid runner. When I bought it a year ago I got a Carfax report with 35 entries, all routine mainteance. Whew! It has even compression across all six cyls., passed Colorado emissions, gets 2K mi. per quart of oil, and 20mpg on the highway to the trails. My only regret is I didn't buy it new.
MJ.jpg MJSpeedo.jpg

Gadget

Caught the Bug
I saw a write up in a magazine once on a Cherokee that had 435,000 on the engine and still running good. California I believe and the guy worked at a dealership.

Gadget

Caught the Bug
My wife had a 98 Cherokee that had 206,000 on it before it finally gave up a head gasket and reverse in 2010. The rest of it was very solid and clean, should have just replaced the motor but she wanted a new one with a warranty. Now she has a 2010 4 door.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
This makes me want to find something with a 4.0 for a fun daily driver to keep the miles off the 3.6 which seems to be the worst chrysler motor yet.

kfchris

I got a 95XJ that had 265K on it when bought. Eventually broke the motor mount bolts in the block after I gave to my sister but it was 300 away from 300K and still drove awesome.

Stegertime

Caught the Bug
This makes me want to find something with a 4.0 for a fun daily driver to keep the miles off the 3.6 which seems to be the worst chrysler motor yet.

Or maybe drive it into the ground sooner so you can do that LS swap [emoji1][emoji23][emoji108]🏻

Top Bottom