A Ford Excursion is just not a jeep!

Brutuss

Hello Everyone! I am very new to your forums. I wanted to say Hi and give a small story how I ended up here. I currently own a ford Excursion. I bought it a year ago and it was suppose to be used to travel with the family and tow things as needed. Instead I put 6in BDS lift on and 38" Toyo MT's and hit the trails and mud with total optimism. It only took 1 trip to HardRock Cycle park in Ocala Florida to realize that this dang Excursion is just too dang big. Scraping the sides as i squeeze threw the trails, then sinking in to the mud because of the weight (lack of off road skills didn't helped). While looking up cool videos on You Tube I came across a ton of videos of the amazing white Rubicon jk (Eddie I believe) and a bunch of others with tons of amazing MODS on their rigs just having an amazing time and crushing just about every trail they came across. So now I'm about to go and purchase a nice used JK hopefully Rubicon. Those Videos sold me on the JK and I hope with in a weeks time I can show some pics of my 1st Jeep ever. I have been truly inspired! The Excursion will now be used to tow my jeep.

Darren (Future Jeeper)

Attachments

• EX - Copy.jpg
    EX - Copy.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 148

rockcrawler26

I have an 04 diesel excursion as my tow vehicle. Same setup but the rear ended up being about 12in lift and front 8.5. I love it but would never take it on a trail.

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Welcome to WAYALIFE! Nice Excursion! The thing with Jeeps is, your either a Jeep guy or not. I've known guys with trucks who bought a JK and hated it and I've known guys who bought a Jeep and that's all they will drive now.

Top Bottom