WAYALIFE Presidents Day Weekend Run 2015

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
main.php

So, with all the work I've been needing to do on 3 of our Jeeps, doing a run wasn't looking to promising and so I had pulled it from the schedule. However, I got a chance to work on Rubicat today and it looks like I might be able to get her all fixed up by tomorrow. And, with the exception of our AC system not working 100%, I also have Moby running well too. Needless to say, I know it's very last minute but if you think you might be up for a run this weekend, I'm hoping to head down to Lone Pine this Saturday and Sunday and do a little fossil hunting and do some exploring. If you think you might be interested, please post up on this thread to let me know.

The Plan
Meet up Saturday at the Easter Sierra Interagency Visitor center at 11:00 AM. This is located at the south end of town, right on the corner of Highway 395 and the 136. From here, we will head out to do some fossil hunting for Ammonite. Please pack a lunch as well as water and snacks we will be eating on the trail. Before sundown, I'm hoping to visit a historic spring and maybe play around on a sand dune nearby before heading out to Lone Pine where Cindy and I will be staying the night. If you would like to join us, I have booked a room at the Dow Villa but, there are several other motels in the area you can stay at as well. Last I checked, there are rooms available.

On Sunday, we'll be eating breakfast in town but will have lunch on the trail so please pack a lunch. The plan is to head up to the historic Swansea aerial salt tram and then head out toward the old ghost town of Cerro Gordo. Nearby, there are fossil beds where more Ammonites, plant and coral fossils and even shark teeth can be found. Depending on how much time we have, I'm hope to do a little digging there as well. Cindy and I will be staying in Lone Pine that night as well.

If you can only make one day, no problem, just let me know. There are NO MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS to join us for this trip. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Who's Going
1. Cindy & Eddie
2. Tony & Stephanie
3. MTG & Family
4. Moochie
5. Chris & Jen (Saturday Only)
6. KenB1010
7. HighwayTrout (Saturday Only)
8. Rachel & Ray
9. Naomi & Russ (Saturday Only)

What You Can Expect to See
Here are a few shots of the things you can expect to see on this trip. :cool:

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
Was really hoping to make this run, but lack of tires and wheels is going to make it a bit difficult!

Hope to make the next one!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Oh, I should note, if you're planning on joining us, you might want to bring some gloves, a small pick, shovel and a bucket as they will be helpful to dig with :yup:

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
LOL!! You mean you have no tires right now? Bummer you can't make it.

Nada!

If we want to get technical, I actually have the new 37 Trail Grapplers sitting in the garage, but slabs don't show up until Tuesday. :(

Have a great run!

Attachments

• 1423804793018.jpg
    1423804793018.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 378

MTG

Caught the Bug
Barring a disaster at work tomorrow we are in. :rock:

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Nada!

If we want to get technical, I actually have the new 37 Trail Grapplers sitting in the garage, but slabs don't show up until Tuesday. :(

Have a great run!

LOL!! You really don't have any tires :crazyeyes:

Barring a disaster at work tomorrow we are in. :rock:

No kidding? Okay, I'll add you to the going list - just for Saturday?

Me and Ray are a strong maybe for this weekend. I'll firm it up tomorrow and confirm. 

Awesome. I'll add you to the maybe list now. :yup:

hbkid22

Wish I lived closer as I would love to join on these trips but cannot make it from CO.....Have fun though! Hopefully this year I can make a trip with you guys and meet a few of you and enjoy a little Whiskey (American Honey or Jack!)....

MTG

Caught the Bug
No kidding? Okay, I'll add you to the going list - just for Saturday?

Shocking I know. :shock:

Room is booked. We'll play Sunday by ear. Although it's a holiday at work, I need to be in the office Monday. :grayno:

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wish I lived closer as I would love to join on these trips but cannot make it from CO.....Have fun though! Hopefully this year I can make a trip with you guys and meet a few of you and enjoy a little Whiskey (American Honey or Jack!)....

Yeah, gotta get some trips planned somewhere between us and you. Hell, I wouldn't even mind doing some CO trails again too. :crazyeyes:

Already have a trip planned for this weekend or I would be in.

Bummer but totally understood. We weren't even sure we could make this until 2 hours ago.

Shocking I know. :shock:

Room is booked. We'll play Sunday by ear. Although it's a holiday at work, I need to be in the office Monday. :grayno:

:shock: No kidding?? Glad to hear it and I think you and your family will have fun with this trip.

Yeah, gotta get some trips planned somewhere between us and you. Hell, I wouldn't even mind doing some CO trails again too. :crazyeyes:

Same here :thumb: I would love to wheel some of the CO trails!

Just feels like there is SO much to do and so little time :doh:

Top Bottom