Franken lift

t8er

Okay so give me your honest opinions on this setup. I'm looking at having the work done by Pollard Jeep in Boulder because I'm friends with a couple people that work there.

Teraflex Long Arms
EVO Plush Ride Coils
Fox 2.0 shocks with reservoirs
Full Synergy steering system with drag link flip etc
Fox steering stabilizer

They actually pull the body off the frame to install the long arms and clean up the entire frame to make it look factory. Cost wise they are coming in at $4800 for parts and labor to do all of this. Let me know what you're all thinking. Thank you

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Everything is fine except for the teraflex kit, unless you like fixing blown out bushings all the time.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Avoid the Teraflex long arms. The bushings will get the least of your worries. The frame side mount brackets railing and ripping off the frame are a known in edge with the Teraflex longarms. There's a thread on here about it with lots of pictures. I had the 3" Teraflex leg long arms kit and the brackets failed. Avoid it like the plague.

t8er

I'll look into the bushings. Pollard makes their own brackets that are beefier than the TeraFlex brackets.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I'll look into the bushings. Pollard makes their own brackets that are beefier than the TeraFlex brackets.

Don't run that garbage, get a better kit for the same amount of money. The Evo double D kit is the same price. Made in the USA. It features currie Johnny joints. (Teraflex uses knock off Johnny joints )

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Yea for the whole price of the Frankenstein lift your looking at you can just the whole Evo double d kit

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Yea for the whole price of the Frankenstein lift your looking at you can just the whole Evo double d kit

X2! 12" of travel and everything you need minus drive shafts. Plus they are adjustable to the exact height you want with EVOs spanner wrench.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
X2! 12" of travel and everything you need minus drive shafts. Plus they are adjustable to the exact height you want with EVOs spanner wrench.

Well the double d kit with the plush rides not the coilovers.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Come drive my jeep for a week before you buy the teraflex. Rebuild the bushings, drive to work, drive home, rebuild the bushings, repeat.

t8er

Come drive my jeep for a week before you buy the teraflex. Rebuild the bushings, drive to work, drive home, rebuild the bushings, repeat.

Id love to but I'm in Colorado. Lol. I'm going to keep looking then. I drive a jeep with an identical setup that drove nice which is why I was looking at this route.

t8er

ok so update. I have Pollard working on a price, Edge Automotive and I also contacted Weston at Trail Jeeps. Pollard is all about the setup they quoted me. Edge is pushing the Rock Krawler 3 link which I'm leery of and advised him not to send me his price on that. Trail Jeeps is working on the Double D bolt on Long Arm Kit. we discussed the high clearance kit but Weston recommended the traditional kit because it has better rear suspension geometry. We'll see what they all come up with. If Edge really pushes the Rock Krawler kit automatically out.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
ok so update. I have Pollard working on a price, Edge Automotive and I also contacted Weston at Trail Jeeps. Pollard is all about the setup they quoted me. Edge is pushing the Rock Krawler 3 link which I'm leery of and advised him not to send me his price on that. Trail Jeeps is working on the Double D bolt on Long Arm Kit. we discussed the high clearance kit but Weston recommended the traditional kit because it has better rear suspension geometry. We'll see what they all come up with. If Edge really pushes the Rock Krawler kit automatically out.

Weston is right, plus you need coilovers .

Me, I would not buy on who gives the best price. (China will win every time) The kits are not equal. I would take rock Krawler any day of the week over terabreak.

However my first choice would be Evo. Trail jeeps does good work and a shop you can trust.

t8er

Weston is right, plus you need coilovers .

Me, I would not buy on who gives the best price. (China will win every time) The kits are not equal. I would take rock Krawler any day of the week over terabreak.

However my first choice would be Evo. Trail jeeps does good work and a shop you can trust.

I'm giving everyone their fair chance. We'll see what the best is but if trail jeeps is the best overall deal then Weston gets the business. I'd love the coil overs just can't swing doing all of that plus get gears, tires, headlocks, sleeve, gussets and I think thats it for now. Plus I really like the looks of the chamber pro 2's over slabs and supposedly those don't work with the coil overs.

Metal Monkey

I had Pollard install my hemi. Did a great job. When talking to them about axles, lifts, etc. They push hard on teraflex, which is probably their largest profit margin. They'll sell you whatever you want, but have to work at it. Not worth it to me. Go with what your gut tells you so you only have to do it once. You'll save time, money, and will be happier in the end.

Top Bottom