EVO or Rock Hard 4x4 Skids

CCTX50

I have a 2023 JKUR auto and have been looking at protection. What do you recommend? Pros and cons??? Pictures?

jboo53

I have the rock hard oil pan skid and it's great! Pretty easy to install and protects well.

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
Just installed the EVO Protek skids on my 2014 Rubi and I am very happy. Installation was straightforward and they are extremely stout. No doubt in my mind they will protect when called upon.

Kpalas

I have Artec skid system., as another option. Love it!! [
ATTACH]124427[/ATTACH] ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1423874784.863606.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1423874794.987467.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1423874773.924562.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1423874773.924562.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 415

ProtocolJK

I just installed the protek oil pan skid and I love it. It is very stout and installation was super easy. I can't wait to install the rest of the system. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1423875901.465314.jpg

Kpalas

It's a recent addition so I can't speak on the Rock and mud question. Are you talking about the loop in the front?

Kpalas

It's fairly new from Artec industries. Made of thick aluminum. Complete coverage of the gas tank, transfer case, oil pan, and tranny. All the bolts are counter sunk, the whole surface is smooth.

spinuck

It's fairly new from Artec industries. Made of thick aluminum. Complete coverage of the gas tank, transfer case, oil pan, and tranny. All the bolts are counter sunk, the whole surface is smooth.

didn't see the part about the bolt. so they're out of harms way?

Kpalas

Ya they are counter sunk, the whole surface is smooth. Might be an issue if there is repeated grinding on a bolt.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Ya they are counter sunk, the whole surface is smooth. Might be an issue if there is repeated grinding on a bolt.

Sometimes allen head bolts are hard to get out with even a little nick in them. Looks like an interesting system, what was the weight on it?

BigPrince

I have the full rock hard skid system and can't say enough good about it. I looked at all the options when I bought it and I was really interested in the Artec but couldn't justify the additional cost. Same with River Raider. I've beat the skids on some good sized rocks, centered the mess out of it last trip and its scratched but doesn't have a dent.

hudginsja

I also have the evo ProTek system and the installation was straightforward following eddies write up, and they are pretty stout. Plus off-road evolutions customer service it second to none!

Top Bottom