Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334

Thread: wschilawski's JKU Build

Knows a Thing or Two TrailHunter's Avatar

wschilawski's JKU Build

Quote Originally Posted by wschilawski View Post
    Just a quick update on the Trigger - we were putting our son to bed when I saw this glowing coming from the driveway. Nope, not aliens, but my light bar. Somehow it got turned on, same thing happened with my a-pillar lights at work the other day. I reset the remote to a different code but it kept happening.

I'm picking up a new control box tonight and will be running the trigger wire directly to the fuse box using a fuse splice (to the heated seat location). Hopefully it was just a bad box; will update once it's installed.

Also picking up some used Smittybilt XRC fender flares tonight so I'll post photos of those later on as well.

Until then, Jeep on!
    That’s weird.... maybe the neighbors kid downloaded the app and he’s messin with ya... lol... hope you get that resolved.

Been Around the Block wschilawski's Avatar
    Well I switched out with a new Trigger Controller but had the same problem - people kept flashing their brights and then I realized the lightbar turned on. I'll be swapping out with the 6-rocker switch system from Rough Country next month; decided to get away from all the bluetooth options and run wires direct.

The Trigger was a neat design, just didn't work for me (checked wiring/re-checked wiring/checked connections).
    3.5" MC | 37x12.5 Mastercraft MXT
    Double Deuce Build Thread

Nothing but a Thing BaddestCross's Avatar
    Well I switched out with a new Trigger Controller but had the same problem - people kept flashing their brights and then I realized the lightbar turned on. I'll be swapping out with the 6-rocker switch system from Rough Country next month; decided to get away from all the bluetooth options and run wires direct.

The Trigger was a neat design, just didn't work for me (checked wiring/re-checked wiring/checked connections).
    I decided against that system for fear of that exact issue. Good idea, but nothing more reliable than a good one fashioned hard-wire. Sorry you had issues. 🍻

--
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    --
    Build Thread: Adventures with Fiona
    '08 JKR Rescue Green 2-Door

Quote Originally Posted by BaddestCross View Post
    I decided against that system for fear of that exact issue. Good idea, but nothing more reliable than a good one fashioned hard-wire. Sorry you had issues. 🍻

--
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    Definitely worth a shot to see how it worked, just not for me. Hard-wire it is!

I'll be putting some new shocks in this weekend; went with the Rocksports through MetalCloak. I've heard good things about this for a budget shock so I figured I'd try them out and get rid of the Rough Country ones that are in there now. These were a hand-me-down when I wanted to change out the Bilsteins.

A buddy just opened a shop here in Green Bay so it will be nice to work indoors on a lift

Nothing but a Thing AZ Explorer's Avatar
    A buddy just opened a shop here in Green Bay so it will be nice to work indoors on a lift
    There's no topping being able to work on your Jeep in those conditions.

Spent some time Saturday putting 10+ coats of paint on the new red RockSport shocks along with testing the travel out. At full flex, I'm at 33" between the floor and bottom of tire. And there's an axle seal that needs to be replaced as well

IMG_7001.jpg

IMG_7003.jpg

We then went out near Lakewood on Sunday to play around a bit. Ends up new u-joints are needed.

DSC_0611.jpg

DSC_0600.jpg

DSC_0631.jpg

DSC_0617.jpg

IMG_E6993.jpg

Access to a paint booth. Nice.
    Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Access to a paint booth. Nice.
    New meaning to the whole "friends with benefits" phrase

Ordered new axle seals, u-joints, and EVO rear shock skids this week for another shop day Saturday. With the snow starting to fall, 4WD has been engaged a few times. I've been getting some grinding/ticking noise while in 4WD at slower speeds. We're going to changeout the u-joints and possibly the front driveshaft to try pinpointing the problem. Will do a transfer case fluid change also while it's on the lift.