wschilawski's JKU Build

wschilawski

Figured I should start a build thread now - won't be as exciting as builds out on the west coast, but it should do the trick for the midwest.

With that said, welcome to the Double Deuce build thread!

Purchased an '08 Steel Blue JKU Sahara 6spd in early January 2015.

image1.jpg

Here's an overview:

-3.5" MetalCloak Springs
-Adjustable Front Lower RK Control Arms
-Rough Country Shocks
-Trucklite LED Headlights
-ProComp 97 Series 17x9
-37x12.5 Mastercraft MXT's
-Poison Spyder Brawler Lite
-SmittyBilt Winch 9500
-Flowmaster Exhaust
-Fender Chop
-DIY sPod System - completed but not installed
-4.88 Yukon Gearing
-Cobra 19 ULTRA III Radio
-Rugged Ridge Quick Release Mirrors
-EVO Rear Bolt On D-Ring Mounts
-EVO C2 Axle Gussets
-EVO D30 Truss
-Eaton Detroit TrueTrac - Rear
-Bartact Seat Covers
-Bestop Trektop NX

Installed some MasterCraft grab handles:
236892F2-3810-44A6-BFD9-B57553D20E0A_zpskynh2akh.jpg

Making some room for a Wayalife decal:
6A02D8FB-910F-48FA-9FFC-72E300DAF2CC_zpsxtnvfwav.jpg

Last edited:

wschilawski

Thanks all! I'm ready for spring to arrive so these tops and doors can come off! And to get rid of all the salt of course...

lmaya

Looks like a long list!

If your looking at rigid industries for lighting, I would also look at Baja Designs. I have both on mine and the BD's are my preference.

wschilawski

Looks like a long list!

If your looking at rigid industries for lighting, I would also look at Baja Designs. I have both on mine and the BD's are my preference.

Thanks for the suggestion - I always hear of Rigid quality, but they can be a bit pricey. I will check out BD's and give them a try!

wschilawski

Getting close to pulling the trigger on some Truck-Lite LED lights from Northridge 4x4 - have them for a screamin' deal @ $399 for the pair along with anti-flicker harnesses. :rock:

wschilawski

TruckLite LEDs came today - what a difference - thanks Northridge4x4 for such a quick turnaround on the order and fast shipping!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1425088036.932320.jpg

USMC Wrangler

Hey, it's your Jeep, build it the way you like/want/can. I love build threads. Like someone else already said, it gives me ideas on what I may want to do. I'm pretty much still stock on my '13 JKU. Bought it July 9, 2013 and have just been doing some comfort and cosmetic stuff. Have fun!

wschilawski

I'm loving these headlights! They look great, throw the light where you need it to go, and so crisp and clear.

IMG_0613.jpg

IMG_0614.jpg

IMG_0617.jpg

Last edited:

wschilawski

Hey, it's your Jeep, build it the way you like/want/can. I love build threads. Like someone else already said, it gives me ideas on what I may want to do. I'm pretty much still stock on my '13 JKU. Bought it July 9, 2013 and have just been doing some comfort and cosmetic stuff. Have fun!

You are 100% correct - a lot of information out there on product/write-ups/specs. One can spend hours on end looking through builds and change their build plans numerous times. But hey, it's a WAYALIFE!!

wschilawski

So I contacted my dealership on the fuel spit-back issue (TSB 14-001-11) and this was their response:

"This vehicle does have an extended warranty for fuel splash back, the only problem is the repairs would have to be done at a Canadian Chrysler dealer. This appears to be a “grey market vehicle” that came from Canada so the warranty is only good in Canada." :crazyeyes:

Looks like I'll be feathering the fuel trigger a little more until it warms up for a fix. :thinking:

jango

What stock gearing do you have? you probably have 3.73s and that should be fine for 35s. I am going to run 35s on my Dana 30 with 3.21s and will be the slowest rig out there... but Im not gonna truss and gusset and sleeve and put new shafts and put new gears in my D30 when I could put that towards a Prorock. Rigid Industries is definetely the best lights by far in quality. I have not heard of those other LEDs before but just my .02$.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
So I contacted my dealership on the fuel spit-back issue (TSB 14-001-11) and this was their response:

"This vehicle does have an extended warranty for fuel splash back, the only problem is the repairs would have to be done at a Canadian Chrysler dealer. This appears to be a “grey market vehicle” that came from Canada so the warranty is only good in Canada." :crazyeyes:

Looks like I'll be feathering the fuel trigger a little more until it warms up for a fix. :thinking:

Watch this video that jnabird here on the forum made. He fixed his fuel spit back issue in his wife's '11 jk in 15 mins or so.
http://youtu.be/ZLjNTSNSa-E

Top Bottom