Jeep stalls immeadiately after starting. Help!!!

wyldewoodwonder

Hi all! I've been having a problem with my 07 jk with auto tranny stalling after starting. The jeep always starts but will occasionally stall about a second after starting. It does this usually once or twice a week at any engine temperature. Recently it did this five times in a row and then finally stayed running.

I plugged my flashcal in and my jeep threw out two codes:
P0513- Invalid Skim Key

P0706- Transmission Range Sensor Rationality

I've done a little research, and it seems like either one may possibly be causing this problem, but I'm leaning towards it being the Skim key.

I would really appreciate anyone's insight on this problem!

Thanks in advance!
Zach

RMC2

Caught the Bug
I wish I could help. My 13 does this nearly every single day after the first startup and about 100 yards of driving. Dealer reflashed the TCM and PCM(? Engine) but it came back. No codes though.

Since yours is an 07, probably has something to do with miles and wear. Mine- probably just programming.

wyldewoodwonder

Update!

Mine is an '07 but I only have 54,000 miles on it

Anyways I cleared the codes and took it out and drove it until the engine was at normal operating temperatures. After I put it in the garage I checked for codes again, and nothing came up.

So then I tried starting it back up, and it stalled after running for about 1 or 2 seconds. I hooked my programmer back up and check for codes, and the P0513 Invalid Skim key code came back up, so I'm guessing this is the problem.

Anyone know what I'm dealing with?

RMC2

Caught the Bug
I don't know if that is the ignition key, but if it is, I would try your second key and see if it still happens.

After a quick internet search; SKIM = Sentry Key Immobilizer Module.

Try a second key. Maybe I need to try that too.

wyldewoodwonder

Thank you, I did try the second key with the same result... So I'm guessing the module itself is bad?

Anyways I hope you have better luck than me!

Kriegjk

I had this happen twice. First time it was determined that it was the key. One key never does it and the other did it occasional for approximately 3 starts.

It also happened last week after I installed a superchips tune even with the good key. Removed the tune and it started just fine.

Top Bottom