End of Summer - East Coast Uwharrie Run

thardy

Banned
OFFICIAL PICTURE AND VIDEO THREAD: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=29507

The dates for this run will be August 7-9.
The main trail day will be Saturday August 8.​

Lodging:
For those interested in going the hotel route, the majority of us are going to stay at the Days Inn in Biscoe, NC. For information about the group rate, please let me know and I will PM you.

For those interested in camping, TwistedJK gathered the following information on the Badin Lake campgrounds. "It was $12 per night with a $9 fee for booking online. There appeared to be a lot of sights left. Reservations can be made at recreation.gov."

Another camping option came from croge17, Arrowhead Campgrounds. Info can be found at the below link.
http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/nfsnc/null/recarea/?recid=48938&actid=55

Requirements:
*Remember that Uwharrie DOES require you to purchase a permit to ride. Please ensure that you have done this prior to hitting the trails.*
The only thing that I would say is a requirement are front and rear tow points (factory tow hooks will be sufficient). A good recovery strap would be helpful but I'm sure there will be some that could be borrowed. Rocker protection would also be helpful, just in case. The only other thing I would say that would be helpful is a CB Radio. If you don't have one by time of run, I know a few of us have spare handhelds we can bring if necessary. It makes communicating on the trail a lot easier.

I would also be sure to bring some drinks and food. It's always important to stay hydrated, especially this time of year. Also, be prepared to have lunch out on the trail.

Itinerary for the weekend:
Friday Meet and Greet - Since the majority of us will be coming into town this day, I will let you all plan any day runs you want to make yourselves. We will be having a Meet and Greet Friday evening from 6-8PM for dinner and hanging out.
169 Montgomery Crossing
Biscoe, NC 27209

Friday Night Ride - For those that want to ride, we will be leaving the Meet and Greet and looking to hit the trails around 8:30PM. We will not be taking any trails that are too difficult. I would ask that we keep this run to those that are familiar with having their vehicle off-road.

Saturday - We will meet at the UORTC field located directly across from the El Dorado Outpost at 7:00 AM. DRIVER'S MEETING WILL START AT 7:45. We will be doing the Giveaway at the end of the Driver's Meeting. After the Driver's meeting, everyone will break off with their group leaders and make their way to the trails. Please be sure that you have your rig prepared for the trails, including the purchase of your permit, prior to the Driver's meeting. For those of you that are new to being on the trails, please do not be afraid to ask for assistance, as we will all be more than happy to help you disconnect, etc. Also, for those in the Easy Group, your leader will be going over things prior to hitting the trail to ensure that you all know how to operate things and things to be aware of on the trails.

We will be making a lunch stop at the double parking lot along the Rocky Mountain Loop. It should workout where we all will be there around the same time. This will allow for looking over rigs in case their is anything that needs to be addressed.

Once the trails are run, we will all meet back at the double parking lots to head over to Daniel, for those that want to partake, driving or riding.

I ask that everyone be courteous of the environment, stay on the trails, and pick up after ourselves. We have a large group representing Wayalife, and I ask that everyone do so respectfully.

HARD GROUP:
Dickey Bell - Daniel(down and back) - rocky mountain loop - saw mill - slab pile - dutch john( down and back) - dickey bell (opposite direction) - back to Daniel to ride with the rest of the group
1. croge17*
2. grubbicon
3. jkwebbie
4. MedixJK
5. JSTJPN
6. MadMedic
7. hhunter050
8. JeepinLife
9. snowcamouflage4x4
10. Blawson4070
11. IsaacYJ
12. Kendawg198
13. Blacked0utJeep

MEDIUM GROUP:
Falls Dam - Dutch John - Rocky Mountain Loop - Saw Mill - Slab Pile - Dutch John - Falls Dam - Dicky Bell - then work over to Daniel to Run the final trail of the day with the hard group
1. MR.Ty*
2. Frogmech
3. moorecb3
4. Mike (Frogmech's buddy)
5. TwistedJK
6. Windmill Road
7. LaSkyWkr
8. MattAlpha
9. MattMC
10. Lank
11. Dubzy
12. plext0r and skcornivek1
13. CarolinaDozer
14. CarolinaDozer's friend
15. dchotrod
16. 05Jeeper's friend (Caleb)
17. 1999Jeep

EASY GROUP:
Falls Dam - Wolfs Den - Slab Pile - Rocky Mountain Loop -Saw Mill - Slab Pile - Wolfs Den - (depending on comfort level) Dutch John - then work over to Daniel to Run the final trail of the day with the hard group
thardy will be tagging along with this group
1. 05Jeeper*
2. Scrambler
3. Jkgraham1196
4. unccescape
5. scrhino
6. bonedaddy
7. dcbjk
8. BlackOpsCzr
9. trailless
10. Bosunmate
11. eric1238
12. 09epetry
13. trailless' friend
14. moorecb3's friend
15. scrhino's friend
16. Gui
17. force5
18. eric1238's friend (Brian)
19. TwistedJK Sr.

Need to let me know what group they want to be in:
Dana Jones

Tentative:
1. HB1501
2. OscarMike2.0 - Hard Group
3. Primordial
4. pbujk13
5. Jchristenbury
6. PJF14
7. MakoSC
8. KingCopperhead
9. Spencer11496
10. njhammer
11. JeepinRay - Hard Group
12. BigWillysStyle
13. ds4130
14. engineeredjku
15. Morbidmonty

Thanks to trailless and Eddie, I am happy to announce the following giveaway for our event:

GIVEAWAY
End of Summer - East Coast Uwharrie Run

The End of Summer - East Coast Uwharrie Run has a large amount of interest and there are many new members that have signed up. To support the run an anonymous WAYALIFE member has donated 2 trasharoos and Eddie, wayoflife, will be donating a pair of shot glasses.

How to Enter

Be an active WAYALIFE member
Must be attending the End of Summer - East Coast Uwharrie Run
Must be on the definite list

Prizes

1st Place: Trasharoo (green or tan)

2nd Place: Trasharoo (green or tan) (one not chosen)

IMG_0068.jpg

3rd Place: WAYALIFE Shot Glasses

WAYALIFE-SHOTGLASSES-2014.jpg

Rules

The winner must be attending the run.
If the winner is not present at the run, a random attendee will be chosen.
The winner will not be announced until the pre-run gathering at Uwharrie on Saturday morning.
I, thardy, will be announcing the winner and if needed, will choose a random attendee if the original winner is not present.

GOOD LUCK!

Last edited:

jkwebbie

I'll definitely be there bud! I'm pretty close to Uwharrie and have been a few times, as a passenger. I can't wait!

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Count me in. Ive been a few times while my JK was stock. The only trial I haven't done is Daniel, which I hope to do on this trip.

thardy

Banned
Alright, I've put everyone down as going for now. Any dates work better or don't work for anyone?

JSTJPN

Are we talking a weekend trip or 3-4 day trip? Kids start back to school sometime in Aug along with travel ball. I am getting school start now.

thardy

Banned
My plan was to take off work on a Friday. I would be good with heading up on a Thursday evening, wheel Friday and Saturday and head home on Sunday.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I'm open for either. Camping could be a little warm that time of year though.

If I've got the who family with me Ill be getting a hotel. There is a fairly nice one that isnt to far from the Eldorado outpost.

Top Bottom