Looking to buy 2012 Rubicon... Advice advice

matt1171

I have a 2008 Sahara with 120,000 miles on it. The local dealer has a 2012 Rubicon with only 15,000 miles on it that he will sell for $33k. It's fully loaded with heated leather seats and premium sound. He would let me take all my aftermarket stuff off my current jeep and put on the Rubi. Trade in value for mine is $15,500.

Looking for advice and thoughts here. I know the 2012s had some engine issues. What else should I look for?

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
The 2012 have a 10 year warranty on the heads. That was the main issue on the early ones.

noroad

The 2012 have a 10 year warranty on the heads. That was the main issue on the early ones.

I think and its has been a bit but i think the problem was mainly the left sides and its on 10y/100000 on the left side, i could be wrong i will look for the papers when i get home. to the OP i have 60000 miles on mine and havent had any problems yet.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
I think and its has been a bit but i think the problem was mainly the left sides and its on 10y/100000 on the left side, i could be wrong i will look for the papers when i get home. to the OP i have 60000 miles on mine and havent had any problems yet.
They extended it to 150,000 miles or 10 years, whichever comes first. To the OP...is the Rubicon an manual or auto? If its a manual, there are a lot of transmission noises youll have to get used to, otherwise I have 45,000 miles on my '12 with no issues other than having the transmission replaced at 8,000 miles.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer

Only geckos get 100000, dozers get 150000 If I remember correctly.

matt1171

just make sure you get a programmer so you can change tire size and axle ratio (if you change) so that the tranny is not searching for gears.

Already have one. I have a Superchip for my 2008 that I will return to stock and keep with me.

Top Bottom