Top of the World Moab Ut.

Brent W

Thought I would put up a few pics from our recent trip up Top of the World trail in Moab. The trip was on Sunday Feb 15,2015. Met some new friend and fellow Jeepers on the trip. DSC_0270.jpg DSC_0273.jpg DSC_0264.jpg DSC_0276.jpg DSC_0286.jpg DSC_0339.jpg DSC_0417.jpg

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Totally jealous...I was there with the wife two weeks ago, and it's the second time the trail stopped me in my tracks, only this time, sadly, I made it basically 95% of the way. We were alone, and it started getting snowy/icy up there (looking at your pics its seemed like A LOT melted in those 10 days or so) so making a safety call (it was also getting late, around 3:30 and the sun starts to set at 5:30) I decided to turn back. I guess third time is a charm. Next time.

IMG_5320_zps5db6c4d5.jpg

Wife kept getting out and scouting further up to check if the ice got worse...eventually it did.

IMG_5302_zpsa72ee55f.jpg

Last 2 miles started getting bad....

IMG_5321_zpsc7a8677c.jpg

It was weird....I'd get a really nasty snowy/icy patch, then it would clear up...seems like the flatter areas melted off (it was quite warm when we were there) and the slopes are shaded so they were still icy....

IMG_5306_zpsd17711d0.jpg

Duratracs really got put to the test here, sand, rock, snow, ice, and mud. Never flinched.

IMG_5318_zpsbaeb2faa.jpg

I think the trail is 9.6 miles long if you use the Charles Wells book markers, and I made it literally to like 8.9 miles before making a safety call and turning back. If I was with another Jeep I definitely would have gone to the end.

Last edited:

Josh27

Ill Be heading there next weekend! how was the weather? From the pics looks like a little snow here and there.

Top Bottom