Truck-Lite Flicker Troubleshooting

Rccrwlr

Ran into a bit of an issue today with the Truck-Lites. SWMBO let me know that the passenger light was flickering. Went out and sure enough it was. I am running anti flicker harness on the 08' so shouldn't be an issue. Pulled the grill off, pulled the light out and made sure all of the connectors were tight, nothing seemed loose. Turned the lights back on and bam, All good. Took apart all connectors and Added dialectic grease to all fittings, still good. Don't know what the deal is but I'm going to have to watch it. Anyone seen this issue?

http://youtu.be/_fUHiduU-5Q

After video
http://youtu.be/k_pqklKTWtU

Last edited:

budmanm3

Mine did the same. . One day it flickered on the passenger side. Pulled over, checked it and it stopped. Went home and put a little Dielectric grease on it and it has been fine since. I'm hoping that fixed any issues

Rccrwlr

Ran into a bit of an issue today with the Truck-Lites. SWMBO let me know that the passenger light was flickering. Went out and sure enough it was. I am running anti flicker harness on the 08' so shouldn't be an issue. Pulled the grill off, pulled the light out and made sure all of the connectors were tight, nothing seemed loose. Turned the lights back on and bam, All good. Took apart all connectors and Added dialectic grease to all fittings, still good. Don't know what the deal is but I'm going to have to watch it. Anyone seen this issue?

http://youtu.be/_fUHiduU-5Q

After video
http://youtu.be/k_pqklKTWtU

Forgot to add that WOW these lights are really amazing. Wish I could get a set for all of my rigs!! Really though who wants to create products for Toyotas anyway!

SFNick

I've had the Truck-Lites for over 2 years & never had a problem but recently I've been having the same issue off & on. Been meaning to take the connections apart & clean them.

spinuck

I'll have to add the dielectric grease. but when I did have the problem I bent the prongs on the plug out slightly thinking maybe it was a bad connection and haven't had the problem since.

TNuggs13

I had the same problem. The grease helped a lot as well as zip ties. Someone else sent me this when I asked about this problem.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1424240410.386794.jpg

07JKSahara

Mine do the same every once in awhile. I've gotten so I can reach behind the light from under the hood and squeeze together the harness. Its a quick fix, unless it's raining...

SilverBack

I've had mine installed since the beginning of the year. Spread the plugs for good connect for the anti flicker harness, used dielectric grease on all connections, everything worked fine until last month when the DS light started flickering. I switches the harnesses to troubleshoot and the problem followed to the PS. So I contact NR4x4 and the get in touch with TL. Next thing you know I have a new harness on the way. Just need to send the old one back. Weird part is that I've had no flickering for a few weeks now. So check your connections and use the grease and recheck once in a while.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I've had mine installed since the beginning of the year. Spread the plugs for good connect for the anti flicker harness, used dielectric grease on all connections, everything worked fine until last month when the DS light started flickering. I switches the harnesses to troubleshoot and the problem followed to the PS. So I contact NR4x4 and the get in touch with TL. Next thing you know I have a new harness on the way. Just need to send the old one back. Weird part is that I've had no flickering for a few weeks now. So check your connections and use the grease and recheck once in a while.

I slapped the light with my hand and it stopped. It's just going to be a hassle getting to the light. I'm probably going to have to take my winch out to get the grill off. Should take me about half a day.

bkac

Caught the Bug
You can actually just unloosen the winch from the bumper. Just a little on the front bolts and remove the rear bolts from the winch to get the grill off just enough to remove the lights. I've seen some guys cut most of the tabs off the grill at the bottom so they don't have this problem with the powerplant. I know your pain, good luck!

bkac

Caught the Bug
I slapped the light with my hand and it stopped. It's just going to be a hassle getting to the light. I'm probably going to have to take my winch out to get the grill off. Should take me about half a day.

I have no idea how my quoted post got messed up above. This was at you Olram. :confused:

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
You can actually just unloosen the winch from the bumper. Just a little on the front bolts and remove the rear bolts from the winch to get the grill off just enough to remove the lights. I've seen some guys cut most of the tabs off the grill at the bottom so they don't have this problem with the powerplant. I know your pain, good luck!

I have no idea how my quoted post got messed up above. This was at you Olram. :confused:

I hope so, if not it's only 4 bolts. Probably cut the bottom clips off for future mishaps.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Having the same issue with my passenger light tonight, consensus being that grease and some zip ties work? I couldn't even get it to switch over to high beams tho.

thardy

Banned
Having the same issue with my passenger light tonight, consensus being that grease and some zip ties work? I couldn't even get it to switch over to high beams tho.

The grease made all the difference in the world when I had this issue! Being that it appeared to be raining in you IG post, it's probably got some moisture in the connection and causing it to lose its mind.

scull20

Mine started doing it as well yesterday. I added the dielectric grease to the prongs and the back-side of the connector where the wires go in as well. My thought was the grease would seal everything in to keep the moisture out since it's been raining in NJ the past few days. I also greased the connection to the green jeep connector for the hell of it...and added a zip tie.

I'm keeping a close eye on it, but it seems to have been fine the past 24 hours.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Ill try that tonight if I can find my grease in the garage. Just thought it was weird after 2+ years and never having an issue like before.

Top Bottom