Nitto tires

Gadget

Caught the Bug
How are the trail grapplers' street manners? The wife's wrangler is about due for a new set and she wants something that looks tougher, mostly snow in the winter and the occasional dirt road but no real off roading. Stock size or the next size up.

07JKSahara

How are the trail grapplers' street manners? The wife's wrangler is about due for a new set and she wants something that looks tougher, mostly snow in the winter and the occasional dirt road but no real off roading. Stock size or the next size up.

Great. Seriously perfect, just as good/better than BFGs.

Napalm

I had em on my 2 door and they had great road manners. No issues just a little more vibration at low speeds!

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
I run trail grapplers in a 35x12.50 and drive down the freeway everyday. They are very well mannered and not too noisy. I did notice a slight mpg loss going from A/Ts to them. I've strongly considered the Nitto EXO Grappler as my next set of tires. Something a little better on road but still very capable off-road

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
Love my new 37" Trail Grapplers. They replaced 35" BFGs MT KM2s. I personally think the Nittos have better road manners and we're WAY easier to balance.

Good luck with the new tires!

Gadget

Caught the Bug
What about the Terra grappler, and the Goodyear Duratrac, again road and snow manners, stock size?

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
I'm running stock size 255 Trail Graps and they are an improvement on the KM2's in every way, especially mud and snow. The best surprise is how quiet they are, even after 11K mi. They're a best buy.:yup:

Rccrwlr

Running 285/70 r17 BFG AT now and they fit great. A bit of rubbing on the front sway bar but the wheel spacer fixed that and the spacer moved the tire out filling up the wheel well a bit more. Looks way better. Don't know about the road manners of the Trail Grappler but i will be finding out soon enough when i move to 35". From what i hear they are great but will anyone admit a fault on a product they spend this kind of coin on? I think not.. How could so may go wrong.

The AT tires are really a better road tire but the cost maybe prohibitive depending on the tire you choose.

VScott

I had a person tell me to stay away from Nitto TG in 35 on my JKU Rubicon. Load range E he said was too heavy and would make the jeep prone to death wobble. Said I only needed C tires. Any comments on this?

ttfhell

I had a person tell me to stay away from Nitto TG in 35 on my JKU Rubicon. Load range E he said was too heavy and would make the jeep prone to death wobble. Said I only needed C tires. Any comments on this?

That person is retarded.

ClarksAdventures

If you want a lighter load rating, go for the tg's in the 315/70. They are minimally smaller. About a half inch, and come in a D rating.

I've never heard of a stiff load rating causing death wobble though.

Top Bottom