Jack and Jack Stands

Rccrwlr

Hey all. Getting prepped for the Lift and wanted to know what size Jack and Jack stands to get. I have been using a small floor jack on a piece of wood (i know you all have done it) and some shorter jack stands while working on my CJ5 RCCRWLR and wanted to upgrade for use on CLIFFORD. Looking at the 3" lift install I'm going to want to be able to support from the frame to allow for the axle to drop to install the springs. Now i know Ridg3Runner will say 4ft jack stands or bar stools as they are better known but what do most people use?

And ridgerunner would be correct. If you can find some of those big Jack stands for cheap they come in handy.

Haven't installed a lift but have raised plenty of vehicles and supported them with my junk. 2 ton Jack stands (17" max height) and a 3.5 ton low profile jack.

Hit up garage/estate sales.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Not the best option, but you can make by with a floor Jack and one jack stand and only one tire removed.

Attachments

• 1424309481858.jpg
    1424309481858.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 206

gleno99

Hey all. Getting prepped for the Lift and wanted to know what size Jack and Jack stands to get. I have been using a small floor jack on a piece of wood (i know you all have done it) and some shorter jack stands while working on my CJ5 RCCRWLR and wanted to upgrade for use on CLIFFORD. Looking at the 3" lift install I'm going to want to be able to support from the frame to allow for the axle to drop to install the springs. Now i know Ridg3Runner will say 4ft jack stands or bar stools as they are better known but what do most people use?

I have some 3 ton jack stands that extended as far as they go will not touch the frame on my jeep with the wheels on. If you jack the jeep up and take the tires off you can set it down on the 3 tons.

SFNick

3ton floor jack works great & 12 ton Jack stands will make life way easier depending on your tire size & lift height.

SFNick

I have HF but they a sketchy as shit! I'd prefer to have a double lock 12 Jack stand. 99$ for the pair if you go with HF.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1424309942.637043.jpg

mastrcruse

I've got a 3 ton jack and 8k stands. Got those because I used to run e30s and would have them on stands for months at a time. Was worried that my little sister, 6-8 at the time, would mess with the car so wanted it absolutely sturdy.

MarkW13

Harbor freight sells a high lift floor jack that lifts up to 24". I got it on sale for $129. Worth every penny.

Nosos

I used a pair of 6 ton heavy duty jack stands that extend to 24" and a 3.5 ton floor jack to do my 2.5" lift. Wouldn't have wanted shorter stands to do it with.

Last edited:

jeeeep

Hooked
I have a pair of 6 ton that extend to 24", 3.5 ton jack 22" max, I usually put it up on a 4x4 to get a little extra height.

ordered a set of these max 30" height

HT510001-2.jpg

Would like to get one of these :thumb:

MaxJax_Two-Post-Lift.jpg

jesse3638

Hooked
I installed my long arm lift with 6, 12 ton stands from harbor freight 2, 3.5 stands and two 7k floor jacks. One from Costco the other from HF. It was a pain but doable. Start to finish with drive shafts and a few others only took me 3.5 weeks...haha

07JKSahara

Harbor freight sells a high lift floor jack that lifts up to 24". I got it on sale for $129. Worth every penny.

This is what I used. Borrow another set of jack stands, you can even borrow mine. Also a second, smaller jack will help point the pinion/yokes. I even have a little bottle jack from HF, was like $20 but okay when you really just need another hand.

If you want to borrow anything I have, it's all yours. Impact/ torque wrench/etc.

el_chupo_

Tractor supply has the best prices on 6ton stands I have seen. 24" height, $25.

Northern tool also has decent prices.

And some of you guys with decent shop space keep an eye on CL for a lift. My dad and I just picked up a 9k 2 post for less than half the cost of that MaxJax setup...

aldaman

I used a pair of 6 ton heavy duty jack stands that extend to 24" and a 3.5 ton floor jack to do my 2.5" lift. Wouldn't have wanted shorter stands to do it with.

Same type of equipment I used to install my lift as well....:thumb:

Rccrwlr

This is what I used. Borrow another set of jack stands, you can even borrow mine. Also a second, smaller jack will help point the pinion/yokes. I even have a little bottle jack from HF, was like $20 but okay when you really just need another hand.

If you want to borrow anything I have, it's all yours. Impact/ torque wrench/etc.

Wow thanks for the offer!

Top Bottom