Installed EVO 2" Plush Ride Coils

Petzl88

Hello everyone,

I got a new Jeep. I traded in my 2012 Sport and upgraded to a 2015 Rubicon. I love it. I had a leveling kit on my sport with 285/70/17 Duratracs. I transferred over the Duratracs and just installed my lift this weekend. Here is what I installed...

- EVO 2" Plush Ride Front Coils
- 1/2" Teraflex coil spacer in the front
- 2" bumpstops in the front and rear
- 2" Teraflex coil spacers in the rear
- JKS front and rear brake line drop brackets
- Synergy and Teraflex shock extension brackets (kept Rubicon shocks)
- Kept stock rear sway bar links and added rear factory sway bar links in the front

I am amazed at how soft the plush ride coils are! Wow! They are super soft and ride nicer than the stock coils. I am going to add front lower control arms. Here are my questions, please help me.

- Will the front lower control arms help reduce the increased body roll at highway speeds?
- Is increased body roll at highway speeds most reduced by a rear track bar bracket?
- If I center the front axle with an adjustable track bar, will this enhance handling or will it just center the axle?
- Would a front track bar bracket that raises the mounting make the Jeep handle better?
- What bracket do you recommend for the rear with 2" of lift? http://www.quadratec.com/products/16315_6062_07.htm or http://www.quadratec.com/products/16191_9005_07.htm or http://www.quadratec.com/products/16007_0106_07.htm. Is there another one that would be better?
- It sounds like I do not have enough lift in the front for the drag link flip kit

Thanks in advance for your help.

New Rubicon 2.jpg New Rubicon 1.jpg

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
It sounds/looks like all your really need is some longer sway bar links. I would move the rears to the front and buy longer rear links.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Jeeps looks nice, I'd stay away from the teraflex frame side drop bracket. Some lca would help setting your caster and I wouldn't do a front track bar bracket without doing a drag link flip.
Edit, you need 3" bump stops for a drag link flip. An adjustable front track bar if your axle is that far off.

JokerJKU

Raised rear trackbar bracket will raise the roll center of the rear suspension and help with body roll when cornering. Also agree with slightly longer swaybar droplinks. An adjustable front trackbar would recenter the front axle but do nothing from roll center of the front suspension. With the raised front, you're going to get a bit of bumpsteer (feedback in the steering wheel when the front suspension compresses). Not really enough lift to justify the EVO draglink flip. And really doubt the bumpsteer would be severe enough to even warrant it.

Petzl88

Thanks

Thanks guys. EDIT - I kept the factory links in the rear and added factory rear links in the front. :sigh:

Daehgib

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but wondering if anyone has installed the Evo leveling kit on a 2door.

If so, I'd love to see a picture and know how much a lift it actually gave you!

Petzl88

Raised rear trackbar bracket will raise the roll center of the rear suspension and help with body roll when cornering. Also agree with slightly longer swaybar droplinks. An adjustable front trackbar would recenter the front axle but do nothing from roll center of the front suspension. With the raised front, you're going to get a bit of bumpsteer (feedback in the steering wheel when the front suspension compresses). Not really enough lift to justify the EVO draglink flip. And really doubt the bumpsteer would be severe enough to even warrant it.

What rear track bar bracket would be good for 2" lift?

Top Bottom