EVO factory tire carrier solution in the works?

I read on IG (posted by EVO MFG) that they were testing a possible new product to aid in hauling a bigger sized spare on what looked to be the factory carrier... anybody have any idea what it may consist of?

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Top secret info..

I actually have no clue. Be interesting to see what they came up with.

Yup i just dont wanna buy something if theyre going to release something badass. Right now im runnin around with no rear bumper trying to decide what direction to go with.

KingCopperhead

I read on IG (posted by EVO MFG) that they were testing a possible new product to aid in hauling a bigger sized spare on what looked to be the factory carrier... anybody have any idea what it may consist of?

Now that's some good news. A solid evo tested setup for folks who might not need or want such a hard core item like their current carrier!

thardy

Banned

Which picture are you referring to?

Edited: never mind, just found it

Which picture are you referring to?

Edited: never mind, just found it

This one here. It was about the bumper, but a keen eyed wayalifer asked a good question...

Attachments

• 1424474587056.jpg
    1424474587056.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 396
  • 1424474602089.jpg
    1424474602089.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 397

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I thought that was still the factory one on the JKX. Im pretty sure WOL made a thread about it shortly after it ended.

They were running the factory carrier for a very long time but that doesn't mean they didn't switch it out for this new design they are testing.

If I had to take a guess, my guess is that it's design is similar to the terajunk one but obviously made by people who know what they are doing, made out of real steel, welded by experienced people, and made in usa (obviously lol). Also as we know this would only be the carrier portion as we know the stock hinges are plenty strong and still doing well on evolander as we see in the above pics

Rccrwlr

They were running the factory carrier for a very long time but that doesn't mean they didn't switch it out for this new design they are testing.

If I had to take a guess, my guess is that it's design is similar to the terajunk one but obviously made by people who know what they are doing, made out of real steel, welded by experienced people, and made in usa (obviously lol). Also as we know this would only be the carrier portion as we know the stock hinges are plenty strong and still doing well on evolander as we see in the above pics

Not sure you should mention Tera and EVO in the same breath but you clarified the Junk side.:thumb: Would only expect a carrier portion as well. Question is what are they using to brace against. There was comment about the factory bumper helping but that has since been swapped out to the new EVO1132 Pro.

Inquiring Minds want to know the "Top Secret" Stuff

StrizzyChris

Yea im not saying it was stock before, just the EVO hinted they beefed it up with a creation of theirs

The top pics posted is of their new bumper only. The later pics are of a completely stock setup(sock 10A bumper and stock tire carrier). If there's any talk of a super secret carrier in development (which I don't think there is at this time), its not in these pics/posts.

I realize everything tire carrier wise in the IG picture looks to be completely stock. I was trying to find out what EVO meant by the comment i have circled below, which is from the same post as the picture of the pro series rear bumper.

Top Bottom