Does Anyone Have a Solution for broken lugnuts

crowrb29

I looked all over the forum and couldn't find anything really directly pertaining to this so here goes..

I was trying to rotate my tires today and discovered that one of the super awesome two piece Mopar Lugnuts is broken. I have a replacement and plan on buying a solid set that doesn't do that. As of right now i'm sort of tapped out for ideas on how to get the thing off though. I had this same issue trying to get an over-torqued lug off of my buddy's wheel and i'm not sure what the dealership ended up doing to get it off. Long story short if you guys have any solutions to my problem I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Clem319

I had the same issue. Took mine to Americas tire (same as discount) and they got it off. I also purchased new 1 piece lug nuts while I was there

RockyJk

The chrome piece is spinning?? I had this happen on my old dodge and that piece fell of lol there was a regular lug nut under that chrome cover

jeeeep

Hooked
I've had that happen before, I just used a pair of channel locks on that outer casing and worked it side to side until it came off

crowrb29

I ended up having to rip it off with a pair of channel locks, just like jeeeep said. It was a little frustrating, and time consuming but after the cap came off it was smooth sailing.

Top Bottom