Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dynatrac Prosteer Ball Joints Install

Quote Originally Posted by bdmckenna View Post
    Great write up. The Dynatrac ball joints is the second modification I did to my Jeep when I bought it just over a year ago. At 1500 miles one of the top ball joints had failed and it was still stock at that time.
    So which one failed, the stock ball joint or the Dynatrac

Dynatrac Prosteer Ball Joints Install

Pretty sure it was the stocker.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Quote Originally Posted by bdmckenna View Post
    Great write up. The Dynatrac ball joints is the second modification I did to my Jeep when I bought it just over a year ago. At 1500 miles one of the top ball joints had failed and it was still stock at that time.

Ugh... I've got 3,500 miles on my '13 and suppose I should take a look before April 14th... MOAB time. Still stock suspension, but... um... yeah.
    '13 JKUR - Dozer Girl

Banned

Dynatrac Prosteer Ball Joints Install

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Knife View Post
    Ugh... I've got 3,500 miles on my '13 and suppose I should take a look before April 14th... MOAB time. Still stock suspension, but... um... yeah.
    Keep an eye on your u joints, my friend blew his out on his 2013 rubicon the other weekend with only 6500 miles on his. He runs a 3.5 lift and 35 Duratracks.
    Was in loose wet snow not even got far onto the trail!!!

Can anyone chime in as to what type of grease should be used on the ball joints? I think I have some heavy duty wheel bearing grease I was using on the control arms. Does it matter?

Thank you for this write up. I've been weighing out whether to do this myself. The more I become familiar with the process, the more I think I can do it. I'll let you know how it turned out. Thanks again

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Axle wonít go back in on passenger side.

I’m replacing my ball joints. I started on the passenger side. After replacing the ball joints I started the reassembly process. I cleaned up my axle shaft, greased the splines, installed the 2 plastic guide rings and tried to put the shaft back. It only goes in about half way and there is resistance. I feel it pass what seems to be the seal , but beyond that it won’t go any further.has anyone come across this type of thing
    FA42CD47-0DF5-4183-A231-850D8536EB94.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Hangemhigh1; 03-04-2019 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Posted the same pic several times

Quote Originally Posted by Hangemhigh1 View Post
    Iím replacing my ball joints. I started on the passenger side. After replacing the ball joints I started the reassembly process. I cleaned up my axle shaft, greased the splines, installed the 2 plastic guide rings and tried to put the shaft back. It only goes in about half way and there is resistance. I feel it pass what seems to be the seal , but beyond that it wonít go any further.has anyone come across this type of thing
    FA42CD47-0DF5-4183-A231-850D8536EB94.jpg
    Looks like you have a rubicon. Youíre putting the correct side in I assume. Doesnít look like itís even far enough in to reach the splines.

Quote Originally Posted by Hangemhigh1 View Post
    Iím replacing my ball joints. I started on the passenger side. After replacing the ball joints I started the reassembly process. I cleaned up my axle shaft, greased the splines, installed the 2 plastic guide rings and tried to put the shaft back. It only goes in about half way and there is resistance. I feel it pass what seems to be the seal , but beyond that it wonít go any further.has anyone come across this type of thing
    You made sure there were no other plastic guide rings in the tube? Sometimes there can be a one, sometimes there can be a few.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Other than what the others have mentioned, are you kind of tilting the shaft up a bit to make sure the splines clear the seal? Iíve left my guides in place the two times Iíve pulled mine but still had to wiggle the shaft up and down a bit to get them to seat.
    2013 JKU Sport "Spider" with some EVO goodies and a chop here and there

DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

Overall "build thread" http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2...ker-quot-build

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast